Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy St Patrick's Day!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Happy St Patrick's Day!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I also hate the "pseudo-Irishness" of it all, especially the constant playing of "Danny Boy", I have to say that the Irish pub I went to in Liverpool served the absolute best pint of Caffrey's I have ever had. It was gorgeous to the point of, well, gorgeousness.

And they played some good music in the club afterwards. Even if I can't go out without "Laid" being played at least once.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danny Boy?

squirms as toes curl out through boots

I bet no-one was playing Come Out, Ye Black & Tans, were they? Or The Sash?

I had a really boring weekend - no heat in the house, everyone broke, very little beer.

Well done to all and sundry that got hammered. I'm proud of you, boys and girls.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody hell, if those songs were played, there'd be mini Shankill and Garvaghy Road situations in pubs and clubs all over England.

A couple of years ago in our union bar, it was on St Paddy's day, and a fight broke out between Rangers and Celtic fans. One guy shouted "Glasgow Celtic", another shouted "Rangers" and a few choice words later it was chaos. Someone turned on this Welsh mate of mine too because they thought that he shouldn't be there - because he's Welsh. My mate being really mild mannered just walked out, but he was pissed off.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #6

No fuckers gonna know - Richard Nixon

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited March 19, 2001).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big time. funny though

Your mate got picked on because he was Welsh!? At least he admitted it .

That kind of religious bigotry sickens me. Wasn't a Celtic player taken off during some match a few weeks ago because of a perceived death threat?
Not only that, but many ferries won't let Celtic and Rangers fans travel on the same ferry from the Republic for derby games. I wonder why...

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Now you've done it* IT'S A LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY, IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO, IT'S A LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY, TO THE SWEETEST GERL I KNOOOOOOOW.
GOODBYE, STATEN ISLAND, FAREWELL TO TIMES SQUAAAARE,
IT'S A LONG LONG WAY TO TIPPERAAAAAAAARY...

AND MY HEART'S RIGHT THERE!
No?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I wasn't mentioned?

*smackstabwhackwhambamslamdoosh*

Okay, finished.

No beer for me, I'm 100% alcohol free.

Ziyal and her wild Wiccan ways? Never heard this before. Are you sure you're talking about her or MaGiC?

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."
- Me to Antagonist on Red Quacker, 03/08/01 20:15

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played that game once. I ran out of swamps, so I couldn't put down my Super Vampire that did +28 damage. I was mad. So I threw the cards on the floor. That's how mad I was.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna: Good for you. I too remained very sober on St. Pat's day. What's equally scary is the fact that there is half a bottle of wine and an unopened 12 pack of beerin my fridge, J&S are not home (they're in Denver for a week) and I haven't even touched the stuff.

Am I sad or what?

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, I didn't drink on Saint Patrick's Day. But I did watch two guys smoke weed w/ an apple...

And why were those guys arguing over US baseball and basketball teams?

Yes, I'm joking.

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was this apple event in your Library? Why, praytell, did you watch it?

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

[whine]You really are out to get me!![/whine]

I won't apologige now that you belted me

*inserts brigade of Level 10 Mistresses beside Tahna's house*

And there's nothing wrong with being sober on St Paddy's Day - I practically was.

And Nimrod - unless that's a verse that your college invented, it's
"Goodbye Picadilly, Farewell Leicster Square".

Check it at this page if you don't believe me.

------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GA: Going back to the football comment, it may be funny, but the hospitals would be full of half dead protestants and catholics at the end of that night. You can just imagine the hospitals though.

Protestant: "What the fuck is that Fenian doing in my Ward - I don't want him anywhere near me."

Catholic: "Piss of you black (preceptory) bastard - just go back to Rev Paisley and take it from behind like you always do"

After which, fights would ensue again with doctors and nurses caught right in the middle.

And that footballer you were talking about was Neil Lennon. He played for Northern Ireland for a while before without any trouble, but then he signed to play for Celtic and suddenly he's public enemy number 1. I hear they're planning a protest against him in the next international game too. Shame!

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #6

No fuckers gonna know - Richard Nixon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard both, including an LP from the twenties. I chose the other version for no particular reason. And it's the thought that counts!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

Actually, Orion, I think that it would be the morgues that would be overflowing.
They don't like doing things by halves, those lads.

Neil Lennon. That's the chap.

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Bah. Give me Paul Ince any day. He'll show'em...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps