Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Help me track down a picture... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Help me track down a picture...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time ago, while I was going through the archives, I stumbled upon a post which contained a picture of our beautiful planet, taken at night (with city-lights digitally added). Unfortunately, that part of the archive is no longer accessible... too many new pages have been added since.

If anyone could dig this on up from the bowels of the past (so to speak), I'd be most grateful

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that picture still sitting in my Hotmail account, and if you want I could e-mail it to you.

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like that very much, thanks!

[ January 06, 2003, 12:53: Message edited by: E. Cartman ]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the little piccie doesn't want to be tracked down, maybe it's happy where it is, living a life of peace and tranquility. YOU EVER THOUGHT OF THAT????

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Cartman
Member # 256

I did, as a matter of fact. But I decided my needs were more important.

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The needs of The Evil Lord outweigh the needs of the image. Or the Forums. 8)

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Cartman
Member # 256

Well, I trust I didn't hurt its feelings

------------------

[This message has been edited by The_Evil_Lord (edited April 04, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Infinity, the image's lawyer, and I will be representing it in the case of Image VS. The Evil Lord. My client has been stalked and annoyed by this person and demands a restraining order.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bang-bang-bang* Excuse me Mr. Infinity! You are (depending on what country you live in, I think) out of order! Please be seated until the prosecution makes their opening statements! Mr. Evil Lord, I assume you have an attorney present? :-)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will represent Mr. Evil Lord.

My client wishes only to bask in the glory that is the Image. As an Image, it has a sacred duty to inspire our youth to seek out their destiny. By not appearing to allow itself to be idolized, it is forsaking it's duty!

Mr. Evil Lord's case is one that Flare Sci-Fi Forum will gladly prosecute. The Image must appear -- once uploaded to Flare, it becomes the property of Flare. It has no choice but to appear. If it doesn't like this situation, I'm sure we can all sympathize -- but perhaps it should have read the membership agreement a tad closer?

The Image MUST step forward to be posted!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited April 04, 2001).]

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you JeffK. Your opinions are duly noted. Now, unless the defense has any further comments, the prosecution may call their first witness. Bailiff!

(Hee hee, this is funny. [If you haven't guessed, I've been the presiding justice in several court re-enactments.])

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call Charles Capps, admin and owner of Flare to the stand.

Mr. Capps. All files uploaded to Flare are stored on a server paid for by you, correct?

When a file is uploaded to Flare, you must pay the hard cash, the dollars, the money, the moola, to make sure that server space is open for said file to remain on Flare, correct?

Mr. Capps, does this not give you the right to post whatever non-objectional or copyrighted material you so desire?

Doesn't this also mean that any member of the Flare Community may upload files or images that are neither objectional nor copyrighted?

If someone else uploads any non-objectional or copyrighted material to Flare, do you not have the right to then keep that file for use that you deem appropriate?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Whatever the picture was, I really really doubt it was ever uploaded to the Solareclipse server...

------------------
"I write messages on money.
It's my own form of social protest.
A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy.
Passed indiscriminantly across race, class, and gender lines
and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive
A quiet little hijacking on the way to the checkout counter.
and a federal crime.
I hope that someone will find my message one day when they really need it.
Like I do."
-Rage against the Machine

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shh! You'll ruin their case!

------------------
I knew a blonde that was so stupid that she studied for a blood test.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ruled. The Jury will disregard TSN. *pause* I mean, the Jury will disregard TSN's comments.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps