Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Question for the British guys

Author Topic: Question for the British guys
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the essence of Butt Ugly Martians? What would make a good video game based on it? (genre, types of gameplay, etc)

------------------
"I was as dead as a lesbian black chick at a republican fundraiser."
--Burns Flipper, The Longest Journey

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that question must be for the Brits, 'cause I can't even begin to guess what the hell it's about... *L*

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean there's another kind of Martian?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Brit! And I have to be honest here and say: Tora Ziyal, what are you on about? Is this meant to have meaning to us Brits? It doesn't to this sole Brit, although some memory jogging might be in order! So if you'd care to explain the reasoning behind the question, I'd be more than happy to attempt to answer it.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she's talking about the kids TV show Butt Ugly Martians.

Now, even though I do watch a little "non-adult" TV, as it were (Son Goku vs Darth Vadar!), I have to admit that I have never seen an episode of Butt Ugly Martians. It's on CITV, at a normal time, after Pokemon, but I just haven't seen it. Actually, I thought it was a US show. The use of "butt-ugly" screams yank.

But, what I've gathered, it's CGI-ed, and it's about 3 martians who have been sent to Earth to destroy it, but they hit their heads when they are babies, and become nice, and don't know they are aliens, until their brothers who are named after Radishes come to Earth and kill them. But they get better, and go to another planet and fight a strangle lizard alien thing who might talk like a woman and who wears black lipstick and the thing just goes on and on and on and JUST FUCKING KILL HIM!

Er, or it's about 3 aliens who come to Earth to destroy it, but don't. They become friends with humans. Wacky hi-jinks ensue.

For a computer game, if this was 1991, I'd suggest a bad scrolling platform game. As this is 2001, I'd suggest a bad first-person shooter.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"butt-ugly"

I've heard this phrase used many times, but I can't say I've ever heard it on TV.

------------------
yes, I'm very dutrnk at the moment, and i'm doing my type to best so shut up! JK

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad Pitt, "Kalifornia". Several times...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noticed a comic of it in the shops yesterday - that's the only exposure I've had to Butt Ugly Martians...

...that I'm telling you about...

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps