Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Bleak Winter? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Bleak Winter?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1999: 150 cm of snow falls in a span of three days. Shuts down subway system. Major Traffic Jams. And our mayor has the nerve to call in THE ARMY for chrissakes.

Tahna Los, I live north of you in the Soo and when we heard that the army had moved in to clear the snow we laughed and laughed. We have had 150cm in one night and people were going to work the next day. But we have had 3 winters in a row where we have had less than 150cm all winter it has been great. Bring on Global warming, I hate shovelling.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was right, I was ri-ight..

(Course, the last time I was wrong was when I told YHWH that bipedial primates looked like a good idea...)

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're half right. We've got bush-fires here in Md 'cuz we don't have enough water

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grokca: How in the world could people go to work through five feet of snow?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleds, obviously.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grokca:
1999: 150 cm of snow falls in a span of three days. Shuts down subway system. Major Traffic Jams. And our mayor has the nerve to call in THE ARMY for chrissakes.

Tahna Los, I live north of you in the Soo and when we heard that the army had moved in to clear the snow we laughed and laughed. We have had 150cm in one night and people were going to work the next day. But we have had 3 winters in a row where we have had less than 150cm all winter it has been great. Bring on Global warming, I hate shovelling.

Stop teasing us!!! *cringe*

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, brrr. Here in SF bay area, CA it can get a bit chilly if you go outside in short sleeves...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean "sledge", don't you Jeff?

And what about people who live downhill from where they work, eh? I suppose you have some kind of crazy horse-powered sledge, don't you? You make me sick.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, a sledge is a hammer.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, a mallet is a hammer.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Er, a sled is a thing you sled on. A sledge is ... uh ... well, I don't know. We've got sludge ... melting icky snow ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey... snow on mountains! Hurry up and descend! Down! Down snow! Cover! Goooood snow...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Uh ... if you say so, my favorite verb you!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grokca: How in the world could people go to work through five feet of snow?
The major streets were plowed by morning, very efficient up here.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Farmer's Almanac, we won't have much snow this winter.

FARMER'S ALMANAC IS-A NEVAH WRONG!

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps