Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Signatures and Status Lines (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Signatures and Status Lines
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fixed.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit, Mike. You're gonna have to come down to Embry-Riddle sometime and party. You'd fit in real well with the Riddle Players, our drama club. We make running jokes to Wil Wheaton's acting and the joy that is Wesley Crusher. You'd have a ball.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. CaptainMike's high school friends did not ridicule him when he came dressed up as a Starfleet captain? It seems like a fantasy. Wherever I go, I have to talk with my friends in secret about Star Trek, and if someone brings it up, I say "What are you talking about?"

Because "Star Trek" is gay, kids say, and you shouldn't watch that show with it's cheap special effects (Emmy-winning "cheap" special effects . They say you can see the wires hold up the ship in TOS ("they don't hold them up with wires, you fools!" I want to say to them). And all they ever say is "I hate that bald guy and Spock". They've never even heard of DS9! And they even get it confused with Star Wars ("Hey, Jona, who am I from Star Track (they can't pronounce "Trek"): 'Luke, I am your father!'" *a laugh*

I know this probably should be in the Flameboard, but modern kids only think its cool to watch "Friends" and the like. I'm tired of ignorant non-Trekkeies! My point is, at my school, wearing anything Star Trek is certain death of your popular life.

--------------------
Meh

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, hey! I should visit the Officer's Lounge more often.

Would a kind admin label me as "Master of Detail"?

Much appreciated.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COMPLAINT!

My status line says: Just loves those smiles!

But I asked for: Just loves those smilies!

You missed an "i" bubba!

And if ya don't believe me, check the post contruction page at the bottom where is gives the option to "Disable smilies in this post".

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MinutiaeMan: Done.

akb1979: Fixed.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name: I thought Dr Phlox would be a cool character

Signature: The West Wing is one of my favorite American television series.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Look who's back. Dr. Phlox!

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers: Erm... You do know that that situation you described above is what is called, in the vernacular, "being a poseur", right?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Phlox, I don't think you've made enough posts to have an individualized status line. Wait until you've made at least 250 posts. Then it can be changed.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An update on me:

Name: Dat, because my full first name is Datshon, but everyone couldn't pronouce it right, so a few friends just shortened it to Dat, which is much easier to pronounce. It's pronounced "Dot". I was PopMaze.

Status line: Well, that really is my current status. As of Dec. 15, 2001, I'm a college graduate with a BA in History. I've got no job and I really need one.

Sig: It still hasn't changed since last time.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Veers
You first
Member # 661

What are you talking about, TSN? A poseur?

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, hey, haven't been in this thread for a while...

Anyhoo, someone asked what the origin of 'Fabrux' was. Well, a while ago, when I was still in my rabid kitbashing phase (if you want to know more please hop on over to www.starships.cjb.net) and I needed names for ships. So, I grabbed an Encyclopedia and wrote down names of craters on the moon. Now, because of my handwriting, I though I had writtin 'Fabrx' when I had really written 'Fabry'. So, I looked at 'Fabrx' and thought there should be a vowel there and added the 'u'. Then, I was getting a new Hotmail address (evil, evil Hotmail) and didn't want to have to add any numbers or anything, so I used 'Fabrux'. Since then, I used Fabrux for my ID on BBs and the like. Then when we could change our username here, I wanted to use my name, Chris, but it was taken so I used 'Mr. Christopher', a nickname my dad used to call me.

Oh, and could an admin please change my status line to 'Tanked'? Many thanks.

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My displayed name is what I go by. It used to mean something but now it's just my user name. My status line is self explanatory and my sig is from the Onion.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps