Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So who's watching the sky tonight? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So who's watching the sky tonight?
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess its kinda like Lotto. If you win, you win big. Chances are: you'll never win.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, what can I say. According to my prot�g�, I'm "a damn sexy bitch, yo." But then...sexual & muscial muse. So.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust the opinion of anyone who would seriously say "damn sexy bitch, yo". Especially about a guy.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cause you're not a hepster like me, Timmy boy. I'm so ghetto, Louis Farrakhan listens to me. I'm so black, I absorb light. I'm so emo, I cry when the flying stars screensaver comes on. I'm so indie, I only like bands that haven't even FORMED yet.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell Leo.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I only like bands that haven't even FORMED yet.

Sounds like Simon

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have trouble telling when Shik is winding us up, and when he's being serious.

I did get told off once on these forums by someone for saying "In the house. Word." Which was strange, as I didn't think anyone said that anymore anyway.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Member # 419

What? You mean this whole time I've been saying things thinking that I was all of that... Heavens to Murgatroid! Next you're gonna tell me these ultra-tight acid-washed jeans make me look silly. Oh, fiddlesticks.

--------------------

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That meteor storm had a luck effect over my night. I was at a friend's house that night partying, and this girl and I decided we had better not miss the metoer shower, so we *ahem* went out to enjoy it on the nearby golf course.

Afterward when I was driving home, I kept seeing glimpses of lights in my rear-view mirror (falling meteors as if turned out). Quite bright, too. Suspecting it was a siren in the distance, I immediately panicked, slowed down, and realized I was driving on the wrong side of the road. A few moments later, I noticed a patrol car in a darkened driveway waiting to pull over unsuspecting drunks. I wasn't one of those that night, thankfully.

On a side note, I learned that the holes in the golf course make GREAT cupholders.

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: The Antagonist ]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but did you get a hole in one? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the 19th hole, so to speak, but it wasn't an eagle that night, no. *sigh* Ahh, well, I never was good at golf.

Speaking of golf, have you ever realized the amount of funny innuedoes in golf terminology?

For example:
foursome: Depends where you are. In the States, a group of four playing together. In Britain, a match between two teams of two, each hitting one ball alternately.

fairwood: Any wooden club that’s not your driver. Nowadays, you say fairway metal because you don’t see many wooden clubs anymore.

head cover: Protection for the clubhead, usually used on woods.

And perhaps the funniest, in my opinion, why, i don't know, but it is one of those early morning highs where everything is hilarious now and makes no sense later...

hole: Your ultimate 4 1/4-inch-wide target.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as the innuendo of that last one goes... If your target holes are 4.25 inches wide, there's something very wrong...
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear god...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Antagonist
Member # 484

Yes thank you I am very aware of that.

Those are all terms, by the way, right out of this golf rulebook I got about a year ago while I was taking an independant study class in high school. Can you believe you could golf and bowl for a credit? I ain't complainin' though, it helped me graduate.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Your sig seems to say it all... :-)
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps