Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » For Better or for Worse... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For Better or for Worse...
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: You thought I was Canadian? That's a new one. I've never stepped foot in Canada. [Smile]

TSN: Well, Diane really was my name, just not legally. [Razz]

--------------------
life creation in progress

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane: What I meant was that I'd always assumed you were a full-fledged, jus soli American, and merely of Chinese ancestry. I had no idea you were actually Chinese...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra - you might want to do something about that nose-fetish of yours! ;o)

I'm sorry Ziyal/Diane I too thought this thread was going to be about the comic strip - I love that comic strip. I also LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. Lately they've been up to Calvin and his snow-men sculptures - they are SO bloody hilarious. LOL! I wish we had snow here, so I could do that. The Giant snowman running after all the little snow men ;o) LOL!

np: "to forgive" - The Smashing Pumpkins - dawn to dusk Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TZ: Well, that's erroneous on my part. [Embarrassed] It's for the better, though. Bunch of friggin nutmeggers anyway.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep Diane, it's easier to pronounce, is it? Anyway, I changed my name to Michael because my real name apparently meant little boy in Spanish and a natureal phenomenon led kids in my school believe I can control weather.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lately they've been up to Calvin and his snow-men sculptures..."

Erm... You do know that the "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip was discontinued about... six years ago, IIRC, right?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wait till Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arrives in Australia, Andrew! I bet you'll love them!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesss yessss I know that it has been discontinued... maybe it's just our newspaper that never originally purchased the strip when it first came out and are just getting around to publishing them now, but I suspect that they are just repeating them - they're still great. You HAVE to laugh at the snowmen though.

I heard about this new cartoon coming called "Thundercats" ;o) OK, how far behind are we on For Better or For Worse... what is happening 'over there' atm? Or has that been discontinued too?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still going over here, though I don't follow it at all. Apparently it's somewhat unique in the comic strip world in that the characters (based on Ms. Johnstion's family, IIRC) age.

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/forbetter/

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yes, at the moment, here - Michael and his Wife are expecting a baby (that's the son.)

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when the Dad came home in the snow storm to find the pizza guy helping to deliver the family's youngest kid ...

... I hope he got a good tip out of that. A five-spot just don't cut it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Keep Diane, it's easier to pronounce, is it? Anyway, I changed my name to Michael because my real name apparently meant little boy in Spanish and a natureal phenomenon led kids in my school believe I can control weather."

I know people from Spain are a bit backwards, but still...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Ni�o?

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us never speak that name ever again. Or else I'm going to start hunting members who mention it and give them 8 inches of payback.

[ March 24, 2002, 23:39: Message edited by: Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge ]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Omega say it. No, really.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps