Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » For Better or for Worse... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For Better or for Worse...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled Trekers yearning to breathe free....

Glad to have you on the voting end of citizen ship Diane. You can do at least two things now:

1) cancel out Omega's national vote.... [Wink]
2) serve on the ever popular jury duty!

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

2) serve on the ever popular jury duty!

I've actually gotten out of jury duty twice by telling them I wasn't a citizen. There goes that excuse.

--------------------
life creation in progress

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tell them you can spot a guilty person just like THAT!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd... I thought you had to be registered to vote in order to be called to jury duty. How did your name get on the jury duty list, if you weren't even a citizen?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotten out of jury duty by claiming I didn't know enough English to know didley squat. [Wink] Ya know, I think my whole family has done that (including my parents who are not registered to vote anywhere.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, it would be the same reason why I get e-mails about breats enlargement and 50% discounts to OBGYN's.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Let us never speak that name ever again. Or else I'm going to start hunting members who mention it and give them 8 inches of payback.

Michael - you're just trying to copy your idol... "Sulu"... see the "Man Train Cap Com" ;o) LOL!

[ March 26, 2002, 02:01: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael: From the government?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, from mindless computers who want to reach out and touch someone.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd LOVE to be on jury duty. (I am however in the UK so it's probably quite a bit different.) I am not allowed to for another 20 years as I used to be a prison officer and may run into an ex inmate.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women's prison, eh? Long time since I saw that show. :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Odd... I thought you had to be registered to vote in order to be called to jury duty. How did your name get on the jury duty list, if you weren't even a citizen?
Mind control. That must be it. Both my parents have also gotten those jury duty things, and they freak out every time because they only know it's some kind of summons but not what it really says. Their English isn't THAT bad but they just don't really look at it.

[ March 29, 2002, 09:58: Message edited by: Tora Ziyal ]

--------------------
life creation in progress

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps