Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have grown up (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I have grown up
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also realised what Simon was like in the old days. Throwing Smile's around with gay abandon, saying stuff like "But ignore me, I'm a silly monkey, LOL!!!". Yes, LOL. For shame Simon.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

Er... Ah... I mean, um... *cough* Um... Yeah.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I said silly monkey.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... when I left for a while the big thing was DARKSTAR going crazy because some people made fun of him because of his grammer.

Oh and yes you are correct DBZ forums are full of insane people. However I happened to be in a respected one (Planetnamek.com) before it closed. They are smart people who happened to be obessed with DB/Z/GT .

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't here for that Darkstar boy, but I went ahead and searched out his posts and then visited his page. He seems to lack even the ability to string together a basic sentence.. I mean, we make typos and misspellings all the time, but our basic literacy and grammar is still there.. I think that he just lacks the basic ability to look at what he's typing and see if it makes sense to anyone but him. It's just aggravating to try and have a conversation with someone and not understand what the hell they are saying.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"when I left for a while the big thing was DARKSTAR going crazy because some people made fun of him because of his grammer [sic]"

No, DARKSTAR wasn't made fun because of his grammar. He was made fun of because he was an enormous TitMonkey who made no sense and got offended when we called him on his "The Danube Class can go Warp 9.4 in a Maelstorm of Chocolate Nougat". TitMonkey.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...DB/Z/GT..."

"Dragonball Z"/"Gran Turismo"? That would be an odd combination...

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't think I said silly monkey

Perhaps, Cheeky monkey, or silly Rabbit!

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GT = Grand Tour, I believe. Which is actually far less exciting sounding than Gran Turismo.

Matrix: What on earth has happened to Planet Namek anyway? Between that and Dianch...Dian...that big headed twat with the nice page dissapearing I can't get my daily dose of "The dub sux!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you were on PlanetNamek.com you could always said hi to me since I am Matrix there as well. Anyway, PlanetNamek.com closed down after Feb. 20, because of several things:

1. Cost, it was getting expensive
2. Too many people, getting 8-12,000 hits a day which also increases costs
3. The two owners not interested in DB/Z/Gt anymore
4. The forums went down hill after August.
5. And most importantly costs.

There are three versions of Dragonball, the original Dragonball, Dragonball Z which its called in the anime version. Originally Dragonball and Dragonball Z were one, but when the manga was animized as it was being written it was decided for some reason that DB would be split into two. And the last and the very least Dragonball GT (Grand Tour) which basically is like the continuation of Dragonball Z so they can suck the money out of little Japanese (and soon American) ki's pockets. GT was produced not by the maker but by the company who produced it and so without little help from the almighty creator, GT sucked. (Sounds abit familiar here doesn't it?)

Oh and by the way, I wasthe only one over there for being the one who supported Dubbed and Filler.

You can always ask me a question about DB/Z/GT. Apparently I now know more about DB then Trek.

Edit: I thought Darkstar was being made fun of becasue he said this would be his final post and 2 dasy later he's posting again?

[ April 02, 2002, 14:35: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that too. LOL.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkstar had... issues. I'm quite certain that in person he's probably a fairly decent and upstanding fellow. He obviously had some emotional problems, judging by his comments on his page and here about his unhappy personal life and the death of his father.

As a community we were fairly rough on him. He was atarget because he capitalized everything, used no punctuation, and it took a team of lawyers, accountants, and linguists to decipher some of the stuff he wrote. Whether the treatment he got was worse than what other new members have gotten is point for a debate at another time. Personally, I think we did take a few things too far.

He wasn't epitome of model behavior, either. He posted that he was leaving in all of the forums, called us all a bunch of "gays and lesbians," and left. Then he came back for a short while before leaving us again with the parting message that we should all perform actions to ourselves that, if we were all hermaphroditic, would surely result in pregnancy.

And that is pretty much the Readers Digest version of the Darkstar saga.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You so funny, Sig [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little dose of humor never hurt anyone or any speech I've heard. That includes eulogies at funerals. If I were to ever be president (highly unlikely, I know), my State of the Union addresses would rock. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"highly unlikely, I know"

Yeah. Just unlikely.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps