Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » For Those Who Like Beer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: For Those Who Like Beer
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a bad week, I had some company for the weekend. An old friend, who has moved south came in for a visit. He and I had comsumed much beer in our younger days, and I thought I would have some on hand when he arrived. We had drank just about anything in those days, from Bud to Gobal to Mickey's. We've both grown up since then.

He had told me he would cook one night, and it was to be seafood. Didn't know what beer would work with seafood, but I hoped Bass would work(it did). I had had a few of them in the last couple of years, but I also bought some Guinness Draught.

This is the beer!! Guinness now owns me. It is as expensive a beer as I've found, but worth every penny.

What about you all? If you drink any beer, what do you like best?

[Cool]

[ June 03, 2002, 12:58: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Castlemaine quad-X from Queensland. Impossible to find here, so I drink naught.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bass Ale and Raspberry Cider Jack.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mississippi Mud is good when I can afford it. Samuel Adams rocks.
But I drink beer from the micro-brewery in town most of the time. Inelegant names like "Texas Crude" for the stouts and "On a Pale Horse" for the lights make it hard to remember which one is my favorite. Though If I were to choose a fave concoction, it would come from The Brew Pub--a place that is essentially Cheers with big shiny Vats where you can watch them make beer while you're drinking it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killian's Irish Red
Amber Bach
Mickey's (I just tried this last week and it had me buzzed pretty quick)

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moonshine.

Just kiddin'

No, really Carolina GOld is good and don't get ya drunk quick.

IP: Logged
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Samuel Adams rocks.
No offence but it doesn't.

I usually drink Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, but I also drink Crystal, Guiness, KilKenny, a variety of European beers(at the LCBO you can make variety packs of european beers). I try to stay away from the American knockoff (Bud and such).
Cause everybody knows that American beer is like having sex in a canoe.
Fucking near water.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink beer myself, besides I prefer Smirnoff or Bacardi Vodka, Kahluah, or Bailey's Irish Cream.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heineken and Grolsch for me.

*Notices people staring at those names in total ignorance*

Look it up.

The Defiant
Ex-Member

I can't decide if that's really funny or really scary.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not even 18 and posting in a thread about alkiehol? Yay Alex. [Roll Eyes]
The Defiant
Ex-Member

I'm 31.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay, I can't believe you'd forgotten that. He's posted it like twenty million times. Silly Alzheimers.

You are of the age of many when 31 is your time for birth. Also, many times you are very sad ass when is your 31 age.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

He says he's 31. In reality, he's still being home-schooled (unless he finally "graduates" this year).

Honest, Simon, I'm trying to drop this ...

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guiness was good, I also like Bud Light and Rolling Rock, St. Paulies Girl was interesting also....

I really liked whiskey though.... Captain Morgan and Diet Cook was my usual.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps