Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » For Those Who Like Beer (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: For Those Who Like Beer
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday? They won it today. 3-2 against Portugal, which is actually fairly impressive. See, Portugal are considered "quite good", whereas the US are considered "a bit crap". So well done chaps.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll gladly admit that I'm an alcohol weenie. I can't stand the taste of beer. I tolerate some mixed drinks and cocktails. Amaretto is still my favorite alcoholic beverage, and amaretto sours are still my hard drink of choice. I figure I'll become a girl-drink drunk as shown on The Kids in the Hall before too long.

And when I say I can't stand the taste of beer, I mean it. It makes me gag faster than when my parents start discussing the nature of their current and past sexual experiences.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*burp*

[ June 05, 2002, 18:53: Message edited by: The Ulcer Mongoose ]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried, that's what I said two years ago, then my tastebuds changed dramatically. I now enjoy all things alcohol, especially red wine and beer.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...when my parents start discussing the nature of their current and past sexual experiences...
A mental image I could've lived without.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we're all tired of Siegfried's folk's webcam shows.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought some cans of Guinness Draught last night. I think I prefer the bottles, but it's still a great beer.

As for the World Cup, GO US!!!!~

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always wished I liked Guiness. It smells and looks great, but I just hate the flavour. I like Straropramen (If anyone corrects my spelling I'll send them a cyber wedgie). For nights out with the girlies it always American crap such as Bud or Rolling Rock etc.

Anyone fancy a cold one this weekend? Nope? More for me then!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, we're all tired of Siegfried's folk's webcam shows.
::shrug:: It pays the bills. ::ducks and runs::

Seriously, I hope my taste buds do undergo some magical transformation. I mean, I come from a family of intense drinkers. So far, all I can say is I like Amaretto Sours and Strawberry Daquiris. I can state enthusiastically that I dislike beer, wine, rum, and Jaggermeister.

::sigh:: 23 years old and still the designated driver.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strawberry Daquiris! Sieggy you are such a girl! I'm a girl and even I am ashamed to drink Strawberry Daquiris.

Designated driver thing sounds good though...I spend a fortune on cabs. ;-)

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlotte, then.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll call you Charlotte, if you insist, but you'll have to get Magic to do the spanking.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Nim
Member # 205

Dark rum, smokey brandy/cognac, +40% whiskey, gin. These are all heavy, aquired-taste beverages. Any damn fool can pull a snifter and be macho for the nite, but to enjoy these takes time and interest.
I freely admit I'm no whiskey-conneisseur, but in small amounts or in desserts, or as barbecue-marinade, it can be souperdouper.

J�gerMeifter is...special, but I can't say I hate it. Tastes like salmiac cough-medicine, though, I'm gonna have to try it more.

I was just at our national liquor store chain, to buph up my inventory before tomorrows company kick-off trip.
We will go fishing for three days (like any of you give a rat's ass) out where the buses don't run, and I got six 'Chimay'-bottles, six 'Fifty-Fifty'-cans, a big 'Olde English'-cider and a new french cider, colourfully named 'La Cidraie'.
The Martini Bianco came along ass well, couldn't leave it behind, all alone and by itself, 'tis cruel.

So rainbow trouts watch OUT! I'll be pissin' in yer general matin' area!
Bish me luck!

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about just cheap, good ol' Heineken? [Smile]

--------------------
Signature.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
So rainbow trouts watch OUT! I'll be pissin' in yer general matin' area!
I am sorry, but this needs to maintained for all posterity. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps