Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Record Breaking? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Record Breaking?
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I admit I have only been here for 1 month 15 days, so I guess I am new. I would hope that those who still, uh, haven't acepted me yet will. I mean, I don't go posting 18 new topics in 5 minutes asking questions that can be answered with one visit to Bernds. And that I don't type LiKe ThIs> So at least I can contribute do discussion. I used not be able too because of Trek BBS recouperation.
IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a big difference between someone who just types bad and someone who tries to annoy people by typing bad. If I theoretically had a retarded cousin who enjoyed Star Trek, I'd send them the link to Flare simply because it's here for people to use. Even if the cousin typed bad. There's no rule about Written English and it's proper use in the Flare guideline.

[ June 14, 2002, 19:01: Message edited by: DeadCujo ]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I remember when Jeff B (Snay as he's calling himself right now) was new. Now he's one of the old hands."

Mainly because one of those hands has been used so much it's aged prematurely.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[nevermind]

[ June 14, 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See? Matrix, who granted is a bit of an idiot, thinks that I'm no more of an old hand than he is. This is what I have to work against. And I'm not immune to typos, it seems the faster my typing gets the more mistakes I make, and I sometimes miss them when I check. And I don't think we ask too much when we ask for the occasional capital letter and full stop now and then, these stream-of-consciousness posts get a bit wearying.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
remember wat MajorBarcalow said about his typing?? lol [Big Grin]

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Barcalow. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mainly because one of those hands has been used so much it's aged prematurely.
That's so funny ...

Evil English prick ... [Big Grin]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've had a transplant then?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See? Matrix, who granted is a bit of an idiot, thinks that I'm no more of an old hand than he is. This is what I have to work against. And I'm not immune to typos, it seems the faster my typing gets the more mistakes I make, and I sometimes miss them when I check. And I don't think we ask too much when we ask for the occasional capital letter and full stop now and then, these stream-of-consciousness posts get a bit wearying.
First off I am no idiot. So according to Vogon, I am an idiot because I can not type as well as others? That makes no sense. Second, typing bores me, so I try to do it as fast as my two little fingers can type. So I am sorry that I can not type as well as others. Third, some of you guys know exactly what most are saying but instead of contributing to the discussion, you decide to see how annoyed Matrix can get by nitpicking his posts.

Typing does not constitute the newbie, intelligence does. As far as that is concerned, I am just as smart as everyone of you guys. And so far, everyone who has past through here and stayed for awhile has showed intelligence.

[ June 16, 2002, 11:39: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sneeze*
*cough*
*dies*

[ June 16, 2002, 13:57: Message edited by: Ultra Magnus ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you meant 'passed' ...

So, if Albie Einstein registered, he'd be a veteran? Because, he's quite obviously smarter then anyone else on this forum.

Intelligence doesn't equal "not newbie" status, Matrix.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Oh, and I think you meant "than"

Einstein had bad feet.

Does it matter what the hell a newbie is? I've used all the incarnations of this forum, and this one specifically since Capps N Conquer put it together. I've only made 532 posts before this one. I'm not a newbie, but does it matter? Does anyone care? I'm also no genius, but I've watched Young Einstein three times. Does that make me stupid? Possibly, but I'm not an idiot. What's the point? There isn't one.

[ June 16, 2002, 16:35: Message edited by: DeadCujo ]

--------------------

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Snay, explain what a newbie is to me. I don't see the light of what a newbie is from you.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

BWC,

You are the epitome of a "newbie." You can post her (or, here) for a thousand years and you will always be a newbie.

Captain Mike was an old hand within two weeks of registering (six days before the WTC went down). You? Never.

[ June 16, 2002, 16:27: Message edited by: Snay ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps