Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ooooo (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ooooo
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compared to jabbing needles dipped in urine into my eyes, Armageddon was only somewhat painful.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but you are hardly Mr light and fluffy Abba-listener, are you Simon?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect only dangerous and hip urban films appeal to Simon, like the upcoming Swimfan.
The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the current "Juwanna Man". by the way, i saw Minority Report tonight, and it KICKS ASS. even better than Gattaca as a sci-fi drama/thriller.
IP: Logged
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah. Spielbergified Philip K. Dick. Oxymoron aside, it was fairly decent though. Nothing as powerful as Armageddon, I'll grant.
The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

Minority Report SPOILERS
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

of course the ending is killed by the fact that presentations weapons are never packed with live ammo. ever.

[ June 23, 2002, 15:31: Message edited by: TSN ]

Member # 239

A "to scale" representation of the film's budget?

Also, this is like the second Dick short story to be made into a very different movie than the source in a very short time span. At Least Minority Report was good. Impostor made me want to cut my own face off.

[ June 22, 2002, 22:50: Message edited by: The Same Ultra Magnus ]

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

well, Blade Runner was the movie i would have used, Magnus, instead of Imposter, but i think that was why you didn't use it. you didn't want to be like me.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Lot of eyeball humor in that movie.

Which is rare.

Guess me playfully calling Tom Cruise "Shiteyes" after MI2 was a display of precognition, eh?

Member # 239

"you didn't want to be like me"

That goes without saying.

Also, I was noting the point of interest that the films opened within 6 months of each other.

[ June 22, 2002, 22:52: Message edited by: The Same Ultra Magnus ]

Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Screamers. Plenty of Dick rolling over in his grave there, too.

[ June 22, 2002, 22:54: Message edited by: thoughtychops ]

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

here is a list of reviews for Imposter, if anyone is interested. by the way, Magnus, what is your definition of "short story"? i thought "Do Androids...." was short, but i guess you weren't including it in your list since it was published as a "novel". i guess it depends on whether we are using subjective definition or publishing definitions.
Member # 239

Well, we'd need the publishing definitions, else it'd be up to you to define 'short.' If all I read are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, then a grocery list would be a short story for me. But, if you're in the habit of reading things like Poor Fellow My Country, then things like Anna Karenina seem short.

Also, this is too much talk about Mr. Dick. He was a paranoid monkey who didn't know how to properly finish anything, which is why the films of his novels are always, like, radically different, man. Or perhaps, I'm buying too much into his mainstream criticisms. I'm a trendwhore.

[ June 22, 2002, 23:08: Message edited by: The Same Ultra Magnus ]

Member # 480

I used to read the Time Machine variant of Choose-Your-Own Adventure.

1863 was my favorite. You had to outwit bunch of slavers based upon your knowledge of the American Civil War.

Or you could just keep flipping back and forth until you read the whole thing.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm not that elitist. Am I? Oh, I hate myself.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps