Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Nice ... ! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Nice ... !
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is that the scale you're going for with Hogwarts?
Alright, *screw* the bookshelf! It's going to go on an IKEA coffee table about (roughly) 21" by 36". It means I gotta push the dresser back into the closet (so I have a place to put the Castle!), but ... well, okay!!! [Smile]

I've got about half a notebook filled with sketches and designs. It's being modeled on the movie version of Hogwarts (but loosely). As I plan it, it'll have the Castle, Hogsmeade w/ the Hogwarts Express & the Shrieking Shack, Owl Post Office, Leaky Cauldon, Three Broomsticks, Hog's Head Tavern; Hagrid's hut, the Forbidden Forest (or, at least, a bit of it ...), and the Quidditch Field (with a viewing stand for each of the four houses). The castle itself is going to have both secret passages from Prisoner of Azkhaban into Hogsmeade; the Great Hall (with the kitchen below); the Devil's Snare, Winged Key Room, and Chess Room from Philosopher's Stone; dorms for all four houses; the Chamber of Secrets (accessible by a hidden passage in a girl's bathroom -- don't know if I'll make a Myrtle -- I've even got a toilet designed, ask Shik, he saw it); the Entry Hall from Goblet of Fire ... lots of cool and neat stuff.

I think it's going to have everything but the moving staircases ... but I might figure out a way to do even that ... [Big Grin]

*PHEW!*

-

[ June 29, 2002, 20:52: Message edited by: Snay ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... Isn't the "Leaky Cauldron" in London?

And exactly what do you mean when you say you're going to have dorms for each house? You mean you'll have four rooms you'll call the dorms, or you'll have all fifty-six bedrooms (four houses times two genders times seven classes)?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just mean I'll have the Common Rooms (Lego don't need to sleep!) [Big Grin]

And you're right -- I meant the Three Broomsticks, not the Leaky Cauldron.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, um, seriously, do you really make these or you just find them on sites?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

[Roll Eyes]

All of these posted have been made by other people, and found on other websites. As already stated by somebody, I'm sure.

Oh -- all the pictures are LINKS. Click on them for MORE.

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do these people have lives?

[ June 30, 2002, 19:34: Message edited by: Ed / BWC ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Apparently this post is not "playing nice." I thought I made my point (that some people create things with Legos, and some people create things with computers, and I don't understand why someone who does one would make the decision that someone who does the other lacks a '[social] life') without insulting anyone or being mean (and I KNOW I did it without attacking anyone's writing skills or their hobbies).

Apparently, I was wrong. So fucking sorry to have bothered anyone.

[ July 04, 2002, 09:14: Message edited by: Snay ]

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

Yeah, your right.
Sorry.
Forgive me, Snay.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

-

Yes, it is a link.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, gang, let me tell you all about this game. It's called "Playing Nice." It's this really cool game that I learned way back in elementary school. You know, I think it was probably at the same point my catechism teacher was teaching us about "do unto others as you would have done unto you."

Anyway, you see, the deal with "Playing Nice" is that, get this, you deal with other people with respect and decency! I know, it's, like, totally out there and stuff, but you go to trust me: it's cool!

How it all works is that you don't make unfair and uncalled for attacks on anybody and everybody around you! You don't make baseless accusations against others, and, when the point must be made, you don't result to petty stuff like assaulting writing skills and personal hobbies. It's totally whacked, I know, but you have got to trust me that this is a really cool and great thing!

By all means, give it a try!

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and the Quidditch Field (with a viewing stand for each of the four houses).
This alone would be pretty cool looking. Especially if you filled it up with little lego dudes in the stands.

Do the books come with maps and such? Or are you just going by descriptions?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My computer is a piece of shit. ARGH!

Okay.

quote:
There were a hundred and forty-two staircases at Hogwarts: wide, sweeping ones; narrow, rickety ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump. Then there were doors that wouldn't open unless you asked politely, or tickled them in exactly the right place, and doors that weren't really doors at all, but solid walls just pretending. It was also very hard to remember where anything was, because it all seemed to move around a lot. The people in the portraits kept going to visit each other, and Harry was sure the coats of armor could walk.
There are no maps of Hogwarts that I've seen. The closest I've found is this which gives the general locations of assorted rooms within the castle and their relation to each other.

I'm not going 100% by that page, either. I'm working with a "spirit" rather then "letter" design concept (if you get my drift).

quote:
Or are you just going by descriptions?
The castle is very much going to be modeled on the one seen in the film ... especially the Great Hall! Somethings will be rather true to the book description, but I'm afraid much won't be ... I can't fit a giant statue of Salazzar Slytherin in the Chamber of Secrets (I might get away with a bust of his head), and I certainly am not going to build a duplicate Great Hall beneath the actual Great Hall! [Big Grin]

[ June 30, 2002, 21:26: Message edited by: Snay ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hah-HAH!

Cancel those screencaps. Look what I found!

-

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

Cool!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that little building down at the bottom of the picture supposed to be?
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps