Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Nice ... ! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Nice ... !
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
The little LEGO figures made me feel better about my weight back in my youth. 'Cause, you know, proportionally, our waists were the same width.

Hopefully, you have a neck, fingers and less sickly skin tone though. [Wink]

Snay, I'm not knocking the Lego style exactly, just pointing out that figs could be made in another style and still function with the leg-peg things....and without those psychotic smiles!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just repaint the faces then... my friend did that when she made mini-figs representing the Queer As Folk and the L Word casts. God knows why though... I still am waiting for her to finish her Star Trek ones.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How much more is left before it's finished?"

A lot. I haven't even done the ground level yet!

And, honestly, I'm almost tapped out on dark gray bricks and tan bricks. Dark gray isn't a huge deal as I should have enough to finish the mountain ... tan, though, is going to delay me awhile, as I've got insurance due next month and won't be budgeted for a big ($300?) Bricklink order for awhile ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Ignore my comment from before. Siegfried' post wasn't there, and I didn't realize you were talking about Lego people's proportionality within their own bodies. I humbly apologize for my confusion.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are already Trek and Star WArs figures in the Lego style by Kubrik and Art asylum.
Cool shit.
The Matrix figs are pretty funny- you could have them as castle guards...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still ... no where near finished.

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'll say- that does not look anything like the Enterprise.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Um. Yeah.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Seriously, do you have a final plan in mind or are you just going untill it looks "finished"?

[ August 06, 2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I have somewhat of a plan. Sort of. In my head. But then, like, I'll be "Oh, this would look cool" and so I'll build something (see that series of arches supported by pillars?) and have to revise my plan accordingly. That series of arches will support a building, methinks. There is going to be a "Great" tower in that corner where the arches end, and the Great Hall will go behind that Clock Tower. The Entry Hall will be roughly fixated where that bridge terminates.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Sounds like how I build models sometimes...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm off to bed, but I wanted to share a photo which shows some of the under-supports of the Castle. Also in this image, note an excellent view of the Great Hull support structure, as well as a rough-frame of the Entry Hall.

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Okay, that's big.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

64 x 64 pegs.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmmm...kinda has a pre-industrial revolution Borg cube look to it.

But that could just be the nanites talking again....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps