Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » why the hell isn't it getting better? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: why the hell isn't it getting better?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Promise you'll never inflict it upon us.

LOL, from a Vogon Poet no less.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, just sometimes, just a very, very little, I want my gf to leave me.

Especially when she doesn't wash the dishes for a week.

"Listen, hon, I'm the one earning all the money, driving 45 minutes each way, paying all the bills, buying the new furniture, making sure YOUR outstandig credit card bills get paid, and doing all the shopping, plus driving you anywhere you want to go when I'm home. I know you're sick and your head hurts and you have really bad fatigue problems, but is it asking the impossible that you wash your bowl when you're done with it and don't use a new glass EVERY TIME you want a drink of water??"

*sigh*

I love her.

[ July 03, 2002, 14:10: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And vy, Herr First, are you not beink zer vun to be leaving her? Ja, ja, very interestink this is, ve are seeing zer underlyink psychosis. Please to be tellink me about your mother. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I answered that question with my last line.
Her positives still outweigh her negatives.

She's my equal on most subjects (and surpasses me in most of the Arts), is quiet, reads a lot, agrees with most of my views on religion, economics, society, etc., likes Star Trek and SF and Fantasy, can spot a bargain a half-mile away, introduces me to new subjects and experiences (thereby holding my fickle attention), and on those rare occasions she's able, her NFBSKing is better than all those who came before her.

And she, for some reason I really can't fathom, loves ME.

[ July 03, 2002, 18:06: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure that made RLB feel better.

[ July 03, 2002, 18:23: Message edited by: Professor Chaos ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying you should leave her, I just wondered at the way you phrased it - that you wish she'd leave you. It's perfectly natural, sometimes, to wonder if you should just call it a day; but if you're actually falling short of that and instead hoping she's the one to make the decision, then that's not right.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...NFBSK..."

I want to know what this means, but, at the same time, I know I don't want to know...

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've had a couple long conversations with Erin, and i have officicaly taken the moral high ground. i'm also quite angry that she didn't choose a better person to leave me for, as her new boyfriend seems quite the ass of little substance. it also helped that my brain made an appearance last night and i started to really think about everything. if Erin wasn't willing to give our relationship a little more time to fix the problem she saw (the problem being i needed her too much), and since she had no problem hooking up with a coniving son of a bitch on the first oppurtunity, then i don't think that we would have lasted. now my problem is that i don't know any other girls, since i have spent the last 3 years being completely devoted to one. i never fucking win.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"now my problem is that i don't know any other girls, since i have spent the last 3 years being completely devoted to one. i never fucking win."

And? So fucking what? Getting into a relationship now would be one of the worst things you could do.

So you don't know any girls. Go out with your male friends. Go bowling. Go to a bar. Watch sports. Talk about nerdish stuff. Relax. Not being in a relationship doesn't actually make you a social cripple.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, but i miss female company. *shrugs* what happens, happens. just wish my friends weren't all gone tonight due to the 4th of july.
IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, being online too much makes one a social cripple...

It is night's like this that drive me up the wall.... I miss my family, my sone, and now, my ex-wife.... I should be watching the fireworks with my family, not typing this self-pity shit in this forum... But things don't work out quite like you intend them to, so you have to learn to deal with it and keep living....

I don't mean to be insensitive too your, or the Captain's, problems, but too be truthful, there is really know sage like advice anyone here can offer either of you. Each of us had to work our ways through our problems, some of us even before this internet thing was thought of... or during it's conception and basic text only versions....

Now, this old drunk has to go and fight off the urge to tip the bottle and get stupid drunk and going on a self-pity trip...

Life sucks, live it or kill yourself....

If you have tried both, then yes, you maybe a loser...

Like a redneck joke...

If that was in bad taste, oh well...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"some of us even before this internet thing was thought of... or during it's conception and basic text only versions...."

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen someone try and show maturity by referring to old pre-MOSIAC web browsers.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, feeling older than I should, tomorrow is also my birthday....

mid-life bs happening...

so don't mind me too awful much...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps