Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am unemployed (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I am unemployed
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, going to college next week. No more free time, which means that as of last night I have joined the proud ranks of the unemployed. I guess that means I have to pay overdue fines now. They let me keep the nametag, though, so I get to run around impersonating a government employee! [Smile]

Thus ends my first job. Onward!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Onward, indeed. Enjoy the break. What are you going to study?

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You BUM, get a job. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grokca:
You BUM, get a job. [Big Grin]

Conservative Speak. *ROTFL*

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I also joined the ranks of the employment-challanged... When the owners asked that I lie to the customers I felt it was time to say good bye...

It is standard policy for them to lie to the customers... I know a place that is now hiring...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will gladly lie to customers in exchange for money! Sign me up!
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not working just 'caxuse you're going to school? *scoffs* I'm going to school full time in the fall, AND still working both of my jobs.... granted, I'm cutting down to 45-50 hours a week, but I still need to work to survive [Roll Eyes]

Must be nice to have parents that help pay for things [Razz]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're lucky you even had jobs in the first place. No one has hired me since the beginning of the year. Hell, every time I apply for something, I get passed over in one way or another. And this has been going back for about 6 or so years.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you do, no matter hard hard financially you may fall, do not (I repeat: do not!) work in the residence halls! IT WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Whatever you do, no matter hard hard financially you may fall, do not (I repeat: do not!) work in the residence halls! IT WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!

So will Wal-Mart. Trust me on this.

Today, I'm headed downtown for my interview, working the the MO Dept of Probation and Parole. Doing law stuff. Then, I shall tell good ole Wallyword to shove it. Wish me luck!

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm going back to college in about a week, also. My last day is Sunday.

I definitely intend to be working some kind of job through the year, though. I just don't have anything lined up yet because I'm not at school yet. Not the best situation, but if I can at least earn enough for spending money during the year, then I won't have to deplete my current "savings," such as they are.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you going to study?

CompSci at the mo. I figure, what the heck? [Smile]

When the owners asked that I lie to the customers I felt it was time to say good bye...

Where did you WORK?

You're not working just 'caxuse you're going to school? *scoffs* I'm going to school full time in the fall, AND still working both of my jobs.... granted, I'm cutting down to 45-50 hours a week, but I still need to work to survive [[Roll Eyes]]

Must be nice to have parents that help pay for things [[Razz]]

*pats Liz on top of the head*

You're such a sweet person. [Big Grin]

I live at home. University's twenty minutes from my house. I figure, why spend $16,000 over the next four years just to live in cramped, crowded, occasionally unsanitary conditions? Besides, I have cable here. [Smile]

I'm planning to work some time during my college years, but not this semester. Wanna see how much time I have first.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I figure, why spend $16,000 over the next four years just to live in cramped, crowded, occasionally unsanitary conditions?
Oh dear. Uh, because it would be the best thing you've ever done? I lived at home while getting my associate's degree. It was a Bad Idea. Do not do this. Move out. Quickly. Live. With others. Young people. Frolic. Dip deep into life.

Also, take some biology and physics courses.

And have fun, please.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen to Simon.

Please don't be one of those pricks still living at home after they've graduated and have a good job because "they don't want the expense" of their own place.

Liz: I heart ya.

BTW: If Omega patted me on the head in that condescending manner, he wouldn't have that hand to use anymore.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Besides, I have cable here.
Hmm.

Hang out with friends, have fun like your life depends on it, get your own place.

Or:

Waste the best years of your life by watching endless reruns of Trek in the comfort of your own bedroom.

Tough call.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps