Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am unemployed (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I am unemployed
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clare, I think a lot of it might depend on what uni you go to. The London ones are quite bad for getting any sort of community atmosphere, for instance. What uni did you go to?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What there is MORE THAN ONE woman on these boards now - actually posting on the same thread....who knew?"

Actually, four women have posted in this thread so far. And we've got at least two others who haven't.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or you could have taken it that in whatever happens/happened to you, you are not the only one, having something unique happen to any one person is pretty slim, with several billions of people on this planet....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young people don't know anything.

I hate them.

Rrrr.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o mysterious ageless one!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four? I count three. Guess I don't know the identity of posters as good as I thought... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just started my new part-time job at Towson University's English lab. My schedule needs to be trimmed of my Tuesday and Thursday afternoon hours, and I'd like to pick up some hours Wednesday (as it is, I open the lab, have class, four hours of free time, another class, then close the lab ... 8a - 9p) ...

And is it BORING. Class doesn't start until tomorrow so I'm sitting around here today for four hours seriously considering clawing my eyeballs out.

I'm still working at Papa Johns ... I should get about forty hours this week (I doubled at Jacksonville yesterday), even though my GM* at my home store slashed my hours to 15 a week. As a result, I need a new job (maybe keep PJs like 15 hours a week total ... Sunday day shift at Cockeysville, and Monday closing at Jacksonville).

So, tomorrow I'm going to go by Bill Bateman's Bistro and follow up on the application I turned in to them last week (conveniently, they're right on Towson's campus!!!). Thursday I'm also going to go to Carrabba's Italian Grill in Hunt Valley and see about a job waiting tables there.

Twelve credits ... two jobs now (at three stores), and soon three jobs (at four stores) ...

... why do I have the overwhelming urge to smack certain people who don't work their ass off while going to class?**

*Asshole bitch fucker who needs to be raped in the asshole with an oak tree!!!!! He'd better watch out when I'm an LEO, 'cuz I know what Baltimore bars he likes to drive home drunk from.

**In all fairness, my parent's pay my tuition. I'm just responsible for rent, books, parking permits, car payment, car & health insurance, utilities, food, credit card bills ...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz (LOA) + Diane1 (Tora) + Dawn (StarFire) + Clare (MaGiC) = four women. Unless they've been lying.

1 ...or whatever it is that she calls herself these days.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Towson University's English lab
Is this where you americans experiment on the English? I guess you don't get as attached to them as you would lab rats.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's actually where we perform bizarre quasi-ethical experiments on the English language. I've heard that some of the L33T group's work may have been leaked.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Headed by Doctar Jeff K?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. The English Department's computer lab.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't work my first three semesters of college. I relied on my parents and savings to get me through it. Then I worked two years in the residence halls, and all I got to show for it is a lousy GPA. Oh yeah, also, THEY ATE MY SOUL! So I started working again, but this time off-campus. I make enough to pay my bills and afford my necessities as well as tuck a little away into my savings account.

My experiences with working and going to school have been fairly positive aside from losing my soul.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be living in my car.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would too, if I owned one of these. Pity they get such sucky mileage though.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps