Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am unemployed (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I am unemployed
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Now I didn't say I'd be spending all my time here at home. I'll probably live on campus, and just sleep here.

Won't happen. At all. You'll try, but there's a whole world of difference between living somewhere and visiting it. You will always be a guest. You will have to go back to your parents if you want to pick anything up. If people are going to do stuff late at night, you'll have to go home. Or if you go out with them, you'll then have to go home by themselves. Even if they are just sitting around watching TV and chatting, you'll have to leave.

I am going to disagree with UM here. You have $6,000. Listen to Simon, like he failed to listen to me. Go. Live there. If you hate it after 3 months, move out. But for pete's sake, just give it a go. If it works, you will go from a dull 1999-Franktype to a fun, sociable and hopefully well-adjusted 2002-Franktype.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. You should not disagree with me. I am a fount of good. I also lived with my parents until I was 52. Also, I'm not exactly sure I had any point to disagree with, but if I had said "There's something to be said about sociality, and there's something to be said about single-focused sociality," I'm sure you'd then disagree.

2. "you'll then have to go home by themselves"

3. No one wants to be anything even remotely Frank, even if he was a Frank/Ron Jeremy-type.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...Frank/Ron Jeremy-type..."

Ye gods... I feel sick. And, yet, strangely envious...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be sick, too, if I was feeling envious of Ron Jeremy. Which I'm not.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My college is 20 minutes away from my house and I live at school. There's a world of difference between living on campus and commuting; you'll see once you actually live it. I could live at home and have a car instead, but I wouldn't trade anything for the freedom. Sure, maybe you don't have parents who argue/lecture/nag, but there comes a time when you just want to get out of your parents' house. When better to do it than when you're still close by? Then again, maybe your time hasn't come yet.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Buttercup is right, commuting sucks, for school or work...

I am in a 6 week wait between 'real' jobs, as in paying taxes and all... Got some odd jobs doing PC repair, gutter cleaning, and all sorts of fun stuff for the interm...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Notices Tora's change of name*

She will be my new wife.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, have you got a good tailor?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Er, maybe. Why?

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saville Row no doubt. HE IS ENGLISH!
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, do what you like. I have friends that went through college at home and they all have better degrees than me (they are also all married now to guys they met at the time through non college activities- you may wish to consider that.)I think its easier to have a social life outside of college related activities if you live off campus.
I moved onto campus when I went to Uni. The leaving home bit, being on my own was good. The college social experience wasn't. Hard to sleep because of the noise, people always stealing your food. Rumour running wild (gay chick at catholic college not a good idea as it turns out - who knew?) People can be cruel and when they are trying to make new friends and create a new social position for themselves they will pick on anyone.
If you do decide to move, I would suggest getting a shared house not a place on campus.

LOA - Most of their wives are probably seeing women like me...I've been doing a roaring trade in bored housewives recently... [Wink]

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Life would, like, totally suck if we were only entitled to four "best years," and they come at the very beginning of life, before we know anything.
Kindly speak for yourself, 'mkay? Because life, in all its unpredictable complexities, is rather indiscriminate about whom it distributes experiences to. Unevenly I might add.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life, in all it's complexities, is an experience every day.

I used to do good business with married women too.... I wasn't quite as bald then, drank more, and lost my wife and son when she moved to AZ to get away from the asshole she was married to.... Yes, now that was an experience that I made on my own...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Cartman
Member # 256

What I meant was, and I'm sure I'll be chastised by the majority for holding this view, that there are those who have at early age undeservingly been bestowed upon with far greater "knowledge" than most of us obtain in a fucking lifetime, and I take offense at the notion people "don't know anything" at the "very beginning of life". Guess again, and stop making presumptions based solely on your own comforting little existence while you're at it.

I wish the 'net didn't lack the tags necessary to convey extreme cynicism. It'd make properly expressing my emotions a hell of a lot easier.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
I moved onto campus when I went to Uni.... The Rumour running wild (gay chick at catholic college not a good idea as it turns out - who knew?)
LOA - Most of their wives are probably seeing women like me...I've been doing a roaring trade in bored housewives recently... [Wink]

What there is MORE THAN ONE woman on these boards now - actually posting on the same thread....who knew? [Eek!]

Soon we may all have to come face to face with this thing called "diversity". Well, at least we can still not socialize face to face. Or, well, if we do then it is (apparently) only with married women....

Do we have any of THOSE here?

Please note: [Wink] applies and I didn't pat anyone on the head....

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps