Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I say goodbye to thee (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I say goodbye to thee
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Matrix, make sure to be "all out of bubblegum" a lot!

Also, don't get mad if you get slapped with soapsticks during the night, it builds character.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!! Do you have to eat worms in US basic training? (I do have a reason for asking this. I may share it with you.)

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You won't have to worry about that. You won't have bars of soap, it will be liquid bottled soap. Just get use to having like 1-2 minutes to take a shower with 20 other guys in cramp 8 shower head room.

No, in Navy boot camp there is no eating of worms.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^Well, if there's no worm eating it's not a proper training course, you know.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we all know how many worms there are on the decks of a naval vessel.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Metal eating worms.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they are an off-shoot of the bookworm, for getting to those tasty, but crunchy, gilt edges...
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... I guess the next time I come back, I will be inactive member? Not that it matters or anything.

Physically I am ready, from what I heard all you do is march and run alot. That's fine for me, in the past two months, I have brought my stamina up to the point I can run up to 1.5 miles before I collapse and die.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then be prepared to do a lot of dying.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^that needs to be on a dedication plaque somewhere i think
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that 5 miles is the usual.....

er, was, hell, might be 8 km now....

[Wink]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The increase is enormous!

You can run 1.5 miles? I can run 1.5 miles. Impressed is not me.

Unless you mean you can sprint 1.5 miles, which would be a bit more noteworthy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::sighs:: Well I tried to warn him... right now I know exactly what hell he's going through. I'm betting he's wishing he hadn't done it. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

We're just required 1.5 miles, for my age (20) to do it in 13:15 minutes.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a mile and half for the PRT (bi-annual test) for running the legs of recruits it goes up from there, no?

At least it did during my accession and that was the namby-pamby officer stuff. [Wink]

LT TK
Somewhere in the North Atlantic

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be fun being in an army where the top commanding officer is George "Double-U but Zero-Brain" Bush! BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!! [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps