Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I say goodbye to thee (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I say goodbye to thee
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, im not feeling too humorous about this. its just a shitty situation.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Maryland's state statutes:

"A person is guilty of a sexual offense in the third degree if the person engages in ... A sexual act with another person who is 14 or 15 years of age and the person performing the sexual act is at least 21 years of age; or ... Vaginal intercourse with another person who is 14 or 15 years of age and the person performing the act is at least 21 years of age. ... Any person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and upon conviction is subject to imprisonment for a period of not more than 10 years."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a shitty situation, but, well, it's not unexpected that this has happened. As Tim said, he fucked a 15 year old girl. Did he think he'd get a medal.

And while it may have been better if she were 16, I'm still not convinced of the overall health of a relationship where one part is pushing 30, and the other has yet to graduate from high school.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. That one doesn't worry me as much as this one:

419A.
(a) In this section "minor" means an individual under 18 years of age.

(b) Every person who solicits, causes, induces, or knowingly permits a minor to engage as a subject in the production of any obscene matter or any visual representation or performance that depicts a minor engaged as a subject in sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse as defined in � 416A of this article is subject to the penalty provided in subsection (f) of this section.

(c) Every person who photographs, films, or by means of computer depicts or describes a minor engaging in an obscene act or engaging in sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse as defined in � 416A of this article is subject to the penalty provided in subsection (f) of this section.

(d) Every person who knowingly promotes, distributes, or possesses with intent to distribute any matter or other visual representation or performance that depicts a minor engaged as a subject in sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse, as defined in � 416A of this article, is subject to the penalty provided in subsection (f) of this section.

(e) Every person who, by means of computer, knowingly compiles, enters, transmits, makes, prints, publishes, reproduces, causes, allows, buys, sells, receives, exchanges, or disseminates any notice, statement, advertisement, or minor's name, telephone number, place of residence, physical characteristics, or other descriptive or identifying information for the purpose of engaging, facilitating, encouraging, offering, or soliciting unlawful sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse as defined in � 416A of this article of or with any minor is subject to the penalty provided in subsection (f) of this section.

(f) (1) Every person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and upon conviction shall be fined not more than $25,000 or imprisoned for 10 years, or both in the discretion of the court.

(2) A person who is convicted of a subsequent violation of this section is subject to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 20 years, or both in the discretion of the court.

(g) (1) In any action brought under this section, where the minor's identity is unknown or where the minor is outside the jurisdiction, the State's Attorney is not required to identify or produce testimony from the minor who is depicted in the obscene matter or in any visual representation or performance that depicts the minor engaged as a subject in sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse as defined in � 416A of this article.

(2) The court or jury may determine whether an individual who is depicted in any obscene matter, or any visual representation or performance as the subject in sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse as defined in � 416A of this article, was a minor by observation of the matter depicting the individual, oral testimony by a witness to the production of the matter, expert medical testimony, or any other method authorized by an applicable provision of law or rule of evidence.

This one...is iffy. I think. Anyway..yeah. Love makes us do stupid things.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...so does pedophilia.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because, as we all know, 15-year olds can't possibly think for themselves yet, let alone be capable of freely make choices in their lives, while 16-year olds are so mentally mature as to be considered adults. Abso-fucking-lutely.

[ September 18, 2002, 15:02: Message edited by: E. Cartman ]

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey hey hey... this is getting ugly
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Cartman: Well, certainly some 26 year olds seem unable to make decisions and think like adults as well.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not quite sure about the exact details of that law in Germany, but my girlfriend was 16 when we first ... you know ... while I was 22 then. I don't suppose that it was illegal in any way. (I think 16 is the line where it becomes legal - whatever the age of the mate).
Oh and even then she was already mature enough to think for herself. I didn't urge her to anything of that kind.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
Member # 709

yes im 22 and ive been out with a few younger girls lately.. i dont know what ill be doing when im shiks age, but i dont think he is a predator or anything like that, ive talked to him enough to know that hes not the kind of guy who goes after girls who are young, he just screwed up by being in a relationship with a girl who is young. its a big difference and i think that namecalling really isnt accomplishing anything except make this conversation all the more distasteful.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Official announcement! Well, official in that it is the official position of me, and anyone else who happens to be me. As follows:

Shik, I hope a solution can be reached that is to the benefit of all concerned.

I think that about covers it.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps