Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm back (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm back
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I have l4ess than 3 minutes to right this in Ricky Heaven. I have duty today, but as Ship Staff I can skip the morning duty, just have to return at 1800 tonight. I graduated on the 8th, and now on leave. I'll talk a little about 'the' experience the next chance I get.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself...

Congrats...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and welcome back!
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I missed the train to go see 'Baby Faces' in Chicago. So I'm stuck in Ricky Heaven for a while. Rixk Heaven is a Boot Camp term for a place to watch movies, play games, go on the internet, listen to music, and so forth. Not a bad place to hang out, just wanted to see sme skin that's all...

The newest CO of RTC, Captain O. W. Wright made Boot Camp easier. Orginally we would get only 6.5 hours of sleep. Now we get 8 hours. That's onew of many things. However starting with Division 020 they are starting to extend the time in Boot Camp to 13 weeks instead of 9 weeks. I lucked out.

I guess I will figure something out.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 hours of sleep.... man, I still don't get that now...

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

I don't even get 8 hours of sleep. I'm on Ship Staff, unlike Compartment watches, I get a watch every day and most of the time at night. I get more like 5 hours on average.

I leave on the 15th for A school. Basically this is a bullshit week since we completed our training. So when I go down to Florida, I should be rested up... alittle.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had fun? Most people say that right after getting out. It's not that boot camp is hard, but it sucks.

What division were you in? I was in Division 192, while at Corry Station Pensacola new students from Great Lakes were from divisions in the 300's. According to your post they've cycled back down to 001.

Considering I've gone through boot camp recently, back in March-June this year I know exactly what you went through. As well as the new words in your vocabulary you use that people back home would not have a clue meant.

Being in the Navy is interesting in one regard, it's like being in a big club of sorts. Anyway, welcome to it.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Today is my last day of Liberty. I am in Division 458, Ship 09, USS Parche. So you know all the 'Ricky' words?

Ricky Aid?
Ricky Acquire?
Ricky Box?
Ricky Ninja?
Ricky Rocket?

There's a few more I forgot.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Parche? She's gotta be a training sub, right? I was under the impression that all the Sturgeons had been removed from active service.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had to leave them in, it's not that the new Sea Bass class isn't technologically superior, but a man has to have standards.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sea Bass-class?

are they... ill-tempered?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short, fat and brown. Even the designers don't want to be connected with it, it appears the concept originated from Project Bootstrap.
And the reactor immediately gives crewmembers ballcancer.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Hey, Shik snuck in also, what's new???

Soldier, soldier, military man in high heel shoes...

RL

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're not actual ships. They're barracks named after ships. I was in Ship 1, USS The Sullivans.

Also I refused to use 'ricky' terms ... I hated them, no one in my division used them much either.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

I am at Ricky Heaven on my last day at Boot Camp. About 50 shipmates left today, but about 30 of us stayed behind to catch our flight to Florida tomorrow. Sad to them go, some were cool, the others were just... for the lack of a better term, assholes.

I never used the ricky names, but the only ones we really used was Ricky Ninja and Ricky Boxing.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps