Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm back (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm back
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and all we had in the army were starships.....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Ricky "you got some 'splaining to do" Ricardo?
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
I never used the ricky names, but the only ones we really used was Ricky Ninja and Ricky Boxing.

I see... well if you were into the fine art of ricky boxing then, well hope you enjoyed yourself. [Wink]

Again I ask, what school are you going to in Florida? If you are even going to an A-school that is. If so, is it NAS for airman or Corry Station for us more elite CT's and EW's.

I myself am currently in San Diego waiting for my ship to come in.

As for sleep...let's see for my division we had from 2100-0400. We were in the last group to have those hours, I think the later 190's divisions or early 200's got the improved 2100-0500. When my division left they changed it again to 2200-0600.

Are they still wearing tennis shoes instead of the steel-toe boots? Another change that happened after my division left.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I myself am currently in San Diego waiting for my ship to come in."

Reminds me of a song and a saying.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you that A school is a far improvement over Boot Camp. It's almost like College in many ways. Though alot of people so far has that I stink...

I never started to Ricky Box until I think it was 4-2 day. Yes we use tennis shoes when it's not that bad out. When it's wet we use the steel toed shoes.

Taps and Reveille is 2200 to 0600.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Though alot of people so far has that I stink..."

Perhaps you should shower.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still haven't said which A school unless I missed it. I'm just curious if you're an airman at NAS or CT/EW at Corry.

I never 'boxed' in boot camp, I think they put something in the water because I could never um.. get it up. Then again surrounded by guys that's probably a good thing.

Regardless of which A-school you're at, it's indeed like college. I wish I was back at Corry, I had a blast.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Naval boxing invloves penile erections in an all-male environment. This is useful information. It means that everyone was right. The fact that the Village People sang about the navy was appropriate.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naval Boxing sounds a bit gay.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

Hang on now there are TWO of you in the US NAVY!?!

Is this a Star Trek influence? You just want to go in the Navy? It's a family tradition? It's a good job opportunity? Or you like the uniforms?

Are there any women in your navy yet?

And WTF is "Ricky"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, they seem to be suggesting that "Ricky" means "homosexual"...
Hobbes
Member # 138

"Ricky" is a slang term for Recuit in boot camp. As for where they got "Ricky Boxing" I don't know.

Yes there are women in the Navy. There are women on my ship. I was in an intergrated division in bootcamp which was 40 males and 40 females.

As for me, it is a family tradition to be in the Navy. My dad was a Cryptologic Technician [Maintenance] (CTM) My mom was a Cryptologic Technician [Technicial] (CTT). Cryptologic refers to communications, CT's listen for encrypted comms and try to deciper it so we know what they're doing as well as pass on encrypted information such as fleet movements so they don't know what we're doing.

I, on the other hand, am an Electronics Warfare Techician (EW) which is merging with CTT's. Apparently our jobs are basically the same thing and the Navy is trying to simplify things.

But primarily, having the Navy on a job resume looks good. Plus having a top secret security clearance is worth a lot. If a company works with the government it costs them a lot do get a security clearance for someone, but since I already have one, they don't have to spend any money and would take me over the guy who doesn't have one.

As for it being a Star Trek thing or liking the uniforms ... that had nothing to do with it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

You never did explain why you were (nearly) engaged in all-male activities that require penile erections...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. Do you carry nukes on your ship!?! *scary* Then would it be like that movie... um you know with Denzel Washington/Gene Hackman/Viggo Mortensen? Except your not in a sub... like if the 'order' was cut off - or what was supposedly the 'order'.

Actually that movie - isn't that a little silly - wouldn't they have some sort of 'build' up that they would be aware of to the descision to use a Nuke? I mean the Cuban Missle Crisis was a 'build up' of tensions - most things are. I'd doubt that a sub would be floating along oneday and get a message to fire a nuke. Or are they ordered to do it right away (It's not like this is the coldwar anymore) wouldn't they want to confirm such an order?

OK 'nother question - have you ever seen a UFO/alien? OK OK - you are probably not in the postition yet. Do they make you say not to speak about any 'alien' stuff? [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
wouldn't they have some sort of 'build' up that they would be aware of to the descision to use a Nuke?
Dude, in the movie you are referring to, Russian terrorists (Nationalists or Communist hard-liners, I forget) had siezed a Russian nuclear missile base and were threatening to launch the site's missiles at the US.

I think that qualifies as a tension-inducing build-up.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps