Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I Wish ... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I Wish ...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That only works if her favorite toy is a Boer, which is, uh, slightly different.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siggy = sick? I'm sorry, sweety... that sucks, but I'm with ya on it, at least..... :-P

I've got mono. And Bronchitis. And an ear infection. And a sinus infection.

It just keeps getting better and better...... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I was just about to suggest 'go-er'... what does this say about me... or you... or both of us!"

That you don't pronounce "er" correctly?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or that you actually pronounce it the way it's spent, in which case you're spending far too much time in that library. It's pronounced "goer" and maybe I shopuld have spelt it that way, but then no doubt there'd have been a little Nixpixky voice asking which completely different word I'd misspelled. Ogre? Actually, that almost rhymes with LOA. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The way it's spent"???? Waz zat meyn?

you can use go-er - cause a lot of words are 'bent' to fit rhymes.

There are a few Maori words that would rhyme with LOA.

There was the Moa, a now extinct, large, flightless bird (the largest there was I think - Much larger than an Emu (and that is pronounced ee-myew NOT e-moo (Bloody Americans! [Smile] ) found in New Zealand.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: My point was that you would have to be pronouncing it "goa". Either that, or you call Liz "LOER".
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course, here in Rhode Island we would skip that 'r' all together as a matter of course.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same as in Australia
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

My point exactly.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Siggy = sick? I'm sorry, sweety... that sucks, but I'm with ya on it, at least..... :-P
Thanks, LOA. [Smile]

If I had an internet connection at my parents' house, I would have chatted with you on Thanksgiving Day. Lord knows I was in no condition to do much of anything else. All total, I got a fever, a sore and swollen throat, sinus congestion, and headaches (when I should have gotten turkey, dressing, broccoli-cheese caserole, and mashed taters). My thanksgiving dinner was turkey broth with rice.

I'm sorry to hear that you were also sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish ...

I knew how to do a haiku then I'd join in and write one about my dream car the 2002 Nissan S15 Silvia.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haiku is simple
You count syllables broken
to five seven five.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried
His throat's now sore and
All ache for his soothing verse.
Get well soon, Pompatus.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Thanks, Balaam. I'm definitely feeling much better now.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Syllables do not a haiku make.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps