Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Happy this and Merry that threads are out there.. now lets get to the business.

What did you kids rake in fo' Christmas, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, Festival of the Clones, Stellar Intersection Novae Day

Me:
Enough Borders giftcards that i am now a minority stockholder. Candy. a Get Up Kids import EP. a bunch of sparkle nailpolish and body glitter. Argus 2.1 MP digi cam. Epson Stylus C42UX printr. Star Wars Episode I books (from smart sale shoppers!). a Cellphone. Cash money.

and i got things for other people too.. transformers steering wheel covers for rob and kevin (secret santa recipients at my two jobs).. wireless data jack and internet service for my grandfather, and a metal case with shopping certificates inside for my grandmother (she said she didnt want anything, but had asked me to use my discount to buy her the case, so i made it a gift and got her more stuff inside), gift cards for dad, spa soaps for stepmother, and im gonna give my mom and brother a hug if i ever see them again

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What did you kids rake in fo' Christmas, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, Festival of the Clones, Stellar Intersection Novae Day
You forgot Gurnenthar's Ascendance. ;-)

Let's see: Olympus digi cam, Star Wars II DVD, Spider-Man DVD, Ice Age DVD, money.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got..um...stranded. Fucking snow.

I know that's strange to hear from me. But I'm supposed to be in Connecticut right now. All I wanted was to see my sister & brother-in-law (who sent me an Official New York Yankees Xmas card, by the way) & to give my father a gift of understanding in the form of 3 books...but NO. Instead, we're getting HAMMERED by snow. And no Lindsey to even help me enjoy it.

There's no one in town--State College dies during break--& the few people that stay here are working or off for the day. So it's been an Epsilon Eridani Xmas at Casa Shikenstein--hours upon hours of Babylon 5. Finish out S2 & get well into S3.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I have done quite well this year. . . Although of course the best part is it's our first Christmas together. 8)

Highlights include a Canon scanner for me, a stripey Gap sweater for her and, er, some oven trays for the both of us!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did I get? Family warmth, love, renewed friendships, good health... the mushy stuff. [Smile]

No snow. You guys mind handing some of it over?

Meals to die for.

Life is good... as is the set of DVDs Santa slipped down the chimney.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a DVD player and some headphones, but I got both of those as "early" Xmas gifts (I got them, my parents paid for them, and I simply get less stuff on Xmas). Actually, I guess I'm not getting any "stuff" other than that. Just cash.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A joystick, Star Trek Armada 2, two TSO albums, one Savatage album, one Monty Python collection, the latest Mannheim Steamroller album, a 128MB keychain USB drive, some clothes...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see my sister and her boyfriend. I got to spend time with the family, and I got a very nice dinner out of it all. As far as material things go, I got a CD case and a new network card. All in all, is was a pretty good Christmas.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5GB iPod which is an overglorified paperweight at the moment since it appears I don't have a Firewire port. Hope to fix that tomorrow.
James Bond Special Edition DVD box set
U2's Best of 1990 - 2000
Frank Herbert's Dune
3 Star Trek: Nemesis Special Edition TV Guides (parents must have been strapped for ideas)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Star Trek 365-day calender
2 sweaters, pait of pants, 3 t-shirts, and a Simpsons t-shirt with almost every character every (sans celebrities) on it

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, lesse:

An assload of chocolate (as defined by the ISO "ass-load" standard. I think my parents want to fatten me up from 135 pounds/6 feet)
A bunch of books, with a noticeable focus on alcoholic drinks
A new watch that syncs itself to some transmission from Bolder, Colorado (which still works in Toronto, Canada...eh)
A UPS with a USB port (I must have sounded a bit paranoid about my friends monitor's blowing up....)
An LCD monitor, really snazzy, perfect except for a damn bright blue pixel almost smack dab in the middle of screen. It sits there, mocking me, staring at me. I'll never forgive it, for the death of my boy. (Yeah, its going back....restocking fee or no restocking fee. I paid for part of it anyways. Figures. I worked all term surrounded by literally dozens of perfect LCD monitors, first one I buy *crunch*
Luck != my friend)

Not a bad Christmas in total, although not too lively either. Nice meals, damn cold snow.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"An assload of chocolate (as defined by the ISO 'ass-load' standard."

So, an isoassload?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A puzzle in the shape of a car.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and also a Borders gift card.
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see.... Being that we just sunk isoassloads* of money into starting up a plastic factory we had a rather small christmas.

She got me a simple DVD player and several DVDs to watch and I got her a 1/2" 3/4HP drill.

Yes, she really wanted the drill! [Big Grin]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I got a DVD player and some headphones, but I got both of those as "early" Xmas gifts (I got them, my parents paid for them, and I simply get less stuff on Xmas). Actually, I guess I'm not getting any "stuff" other than that. Just cash.

And I'm sure you demanded unused notes, too. You crazy little shit.

I got a DVD player too. A multi-region one, which interests none of you American lot. Except you can't watch Spaced. Which you also don't care about. Even though you should. Ha ha ha!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps