Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread
Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got money. A ton of money. A veritable googleplex of money. And no other presents, because my family and I would rather I get what I want, and not have them guess at it. Also got to see all ten nephews and nieces, including my new 5 week old niece Kara. So all in all, a good Christmas this year.
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see...I got some good stuff...clothing, gift certificates, DVDs, etc. But, I didn't get what I totally wanted with all my heart. *insert 'awwws'* See, I work a lot, I go to school full time. My granparents who kinda basically raised me moved some 150 miles south when I was in high school. Anyway, due to my scedules, I don't see them a lot. In fact, I have worked every singe holiday this year...until Christmas. I was soooo exicted. I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving last year.

Then, the snow hit.

Southeast Missouri was basically inaccessible yesterday. At least the small, windy roads were bad. A few feet of snow on top of an inch of ice isn't good, apparently. So, *sigh* me and my siblings stayed at my dad's where we had the traditional faire of frozen pizza and chips--thanks to Walgreens.

I want my gramma.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cosy week at home, my excellent cooking. Got Band of Brothers on DVD along with Scooby Doo and Spiderman. Got a candle making kit and a new pottery wheel too. I like toys I can play with! Oh and Kingdon Heart for the PS2 as I have almost (finally) finished Dark Cloud...

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, that reminds me. I really should finish Skies of Arcadia.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh what the hell . . . everyone else is!

Multi-region DVD player, 2 DVDs - Transformers: The Movie and The Five Faces of Darkness. [Smile] 2 scarves, pair of warm gloves, DIY book (big, thick bugger with lots of useful pictures and diagrams [Smile] ), new tape measure as my cat buggered the last one (likes to chase and play with it - she's mad). Let's see, what else . . . matching shirt & tie, large book holder for when working at the computer - old one was too small and flimsy, new mouse mat with wrist support and a keyboard wrist support, set of 2 torches, a phrenology head, box of candy canes, box of After Eight chocolates, Terry's Orange, more chocolate and sweets and some money.

Got my Dad a digital camera to keep in the car in case of an accident (and to play with on holiday), my sister got a new mobile phone cover but the stupid cow at the shop gave me a 3410 instead of a 3310 - duh! Got to exchange it when I'm next in town [Frown] My Mum got some cosmetic stuff and my Grandma got some books. And the cat, well she got a new collar and some goodies.

A pretty damned good christmas me thinks.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I was the only one that keeps a camara in the car at ALL times just in case of an accident.... I'm glad to hear that you got one for your dad... it makes me feel just a bit less neurotic! [Smile]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have issued a disposable one to every company car holder at work...A frightening number of them turned up at the office xmas party.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shakes head* Nope... not in my world... I won't go ANYWHERE without one in the car. Too many car accidents in my world, not enough pictures. I've learned this lesson the hard way.

I also have very precise instructions on how to handle my car if it's in an accident and I need to be taken to the hospital before it's removed from the scene. Those instructions are attached to my insurance card/registration in my glove box, and they list who to call IMMEDIATELY to remove my stereo from my car, where to take it, and specific instructions on how to take pictures of the accident and who to give that film to/ where to have it delivered to. Better safe that sorry, no?

I also have a will drawn up at the ripe old ago of 21. It's not that I'm paranoid about being hurt or dying, instead I'm just preparing the world for the fact that I'm an auto magnet, and other cars just always feel the need to crash into me, whether I'm moving or not! [Razz]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually my Dad intends to take pics of all the illegal reg plates he sees - you know, the ones where the driver spend �2,000 on it and has it displayed in illegal italics and is therefore unreadable. He's gonna take a pic and send it to the DVLA in Swansea to get them to take it away and fine them. [Big Grin] Evil, but fair. He's also taken VR so he has some free time on his hands.

Que evil laugh. [Wink] HEHE!

But yes, he'll also use it if there is an accident.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
License plates in italics? How do they pull that off?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, detailed in-the-event-of instructions, disposable cameras, wills. . . why not just, you know, drive a little more carefully?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

I DO drive carefully, for the most part... especially since I bought my new car.....

And the preperation for just in case is because, historically, the only time I get in an accident is when I'm not at fault and I'm not moving. [Razz]

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a will drawn up at the ripe old ago of 21.

Got you beat, there. I wrote one up at 16.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you people really have so much stuff that you have to write up instructions for its dispersal upon your untimely demise? Maybe I can understnd it, somewhat, in Liz' case, since she's on her own. But, Omega, when you're sixteen and living w/ your parents, I'm not sure that any of your stuff even legally belongs to you...
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

*L* I own a lot of stuff, too.... and I don't really trust my family to disperse it properly 'cause they're kinda psycho... so I wrote a will...

there are just certain things that for various reasons I want to make sure go to certain people in my life - I own a lot of things that are a) valuable and b) will be appreciated more by certain people than others.

At the age of 16 though, I didn't feel the need to have a will - the will obsession didn't begin until the car accident streak.... and at the age of 16, I think I only owned 3 or 4 things of any value, mainly my TV and my flute and piccolo.... whoo, whoo.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps