Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: the, ahem.. "Official" 'What Did I Get' Thread
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I die I hope to take all of you with me.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, Simon, I'm touched that you want me to accompany you as you transcend the physical world. Or do you just want me around so that I can help you move the sofa?

I don't have a will, but I have told my parents how to transfer my savings account to my checking account and where I have a blank check hidden. As for my belongings, I'm sure they'll all be given away to family members during a raffle following the graveside ceremonies.

I did have a will of sorts when I was thirteen. It basically said how much I treasured some people and how much of a living hell other people had made my life. At the time, I was very depressed and suicidal. I never knew if or when I would finally kill myself, but I wanted to make sure that I justified my actions and said the goodbyes that I wanted to. Fortunately, I ended up never needing it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm simply uncomfortable with my situation, that is, as a temporary entity.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fortunately, I ended up never needing it."

Now, now... It's never too late...

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never too late to go ahead and off myself? While I'm sure that some people would be dancing in the streets and sipping fine wines if I were to leave this plane of existence, I do not forsee that happening in the near future. I don't rule it out, though, since there are always the possibilities of my life taking a major downturn or the medication ceasing to help.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the spirit!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I'm quite the optimist. [Smile]
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you people really have so much stuff that you have to write up instructions for its dispersal upon your untimely demise?

Actually, it's about ten pages of messages to people I care about. About three lines are about my physical possessions. I don't like leaving things unsaid.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I get the feeling that the phrases:

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh", and
"I hope you're happy now"...

...appear a lot on this will?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see. CD-RW, Katana, 17 pounds (big turkey dinner [Big Grin] ) , 5 or 6 games. and a fair bit of snow the day after boxing day.

So except for the snow a fairly good year.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you don't know me very well?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting into this a bit late, but never mind...

Warm underwear, a couple of hundred pages of assorted Dan Simmons, a book on the history of tempering systems, another on a national artist, candy, a very nice shirt, more candy, and renewed subscription to Aviation Week. And snow, snow, snow. (Plus tickets to "The Two Towers", a bit after Christmas but still in the spirit.)

The scary part is, the only item I asked for was the first on the list. And I slept through New Year's Eve. I'm spending worry-filled minutes each morning now looking for other telltale signs of advanced age.

Jolly good 2003 to all!

Timo Saloniemi

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MaGiC: Kingdom Hearts is wonderful, especially if you like both Final Fantasy and Disney, which I do. My brother got me Suikoden III; it's a nice RPG with great story and a system that takes getting used to, and for some reason I just couldn't stop playing it. I think I logged over 40 hours between Dec. 20 and 31.

--------------------
life creation in progress

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps