Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Current games... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Current games...
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
*blinkblink* And that's bad, why?
Now, if only SFCII had had decent singleplayer missions...

Actually, SFC2 is my favorite quick (quick vs. say Morrowind) game to play as a break from schoolwork. (i.e. a quick skirmish after programming in Scheme...) What I DID say is that its easily the most complex game I've bought in quite some time.
However, I *like* complex. To an extent. Never could play those SSI wargames that Panzer General was supposed to introduce us to.

Hmmmm, your comments on Mechwarrior 4 don't exactly fill me with childish glee.
The main reason I didn't like Mechwarrior 3 was because it played like an action game, compared to Mech2's slower, more simulation-like gameplay.
Thus Mech4 probably won't be my cup of tea.
*sigh*

I really need a good Fallout 2 successor....although I'm probably the only one still waiting [Wink]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't got "The Kilrathi Saga", but I have got WC II, III and IV. I dunno if they'd work on Win XP though, since they were all written when computers were made of slate. I did manage to get X-Com: Apocolypse working yesterday though, which was nice.

Klingon Academy keeps crashing on me though. Grr.

And Freespace II is ALMOST as good as TIE Fighter. There's a single percentage point in it, maybe, and considering that TIE Fighter has the built in "It's Star Wars! It's cool!" (back when Star Wars games were actually not shit), that's pretty impressive. Even nowadays, charging as an enemy destroyer and releasing 8 hornet missles off looks cool. Even if it's fairly useless.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tornadoes, Liam, Tornadoes. Combine that with a Maxim Gun. That freaking thing is like a gatling gun if you ask me.

FS2 is a pretty hard game to get nowadays. It was voted Game of the Year, but had horrible marketing on the part of Interplay (they wanted to market Descent 3 instead, bleah). This game is also begging for a sequel, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Who actually has the game anyways? Not a copy, but the original.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises hand*

FS2 isn't ALMOST as good as TF, it's BETTER. TF may ooze Star Wars, but FS2 has BEAM WEAPONS. And BIGASS capital ships. Suck it, Vader.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kilrathi Saga

I WANT IT!!!!!
WHERE CAN I GET IT?????????????

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
If it doesn't have 'Monkey Island' in the title I'm not interested......

Amen. That being said, I'm playing Master Of Orion3 (MOO3) presently. This is a problem because it's finals week. It's REALLY complicated (or perhaps I'm getting stupider), and there's a lot of stough that is frustratingly underexplained in tha manual. But then I played last night for like 13 hours. You gotta love a game that has built in reminders to go outside and talk to your friends. I am a mountain of sloth.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3013580871&category=11051

Right there.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the Freespace II box right in front of me. And the Freespace I box in a drawer right next to me. I rule.

And I do have to admit, beam weapons are fuck-off cool.

Didn't Freespace I sell really, really bad? If so, it's pretty lucky that we got number II at all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it was a best seller. In fact, that's why Silent Threat, its expansion, came out. And they recently combined the two games, repackaged.

The last level of FS2 rocks.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Freespace" sounds like a disk compression utility...
Saltah'na
Member # 33

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I've heard that Freespace is a crappy Descent ripoff. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spinoff. Big dif. I don't play it though. There's only Neverwinter Nights for me at this time, I like taking one game at a time.

The ability to visit brothels (even playing as a girl) is amazingly wellthought by the creators. Lends to the width of the game.
Funny how the manwhore don't object to my henchman being in the room during the night, though.
I'll park him outside the door next time, guard duty. [Smile]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna,

Did you play on [EGBT] yet? Did you get your mic working?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3013580871&category=11051

Right there.

Thanks Omega, but I don't want to pay through the nose for the game set. It would cost me at least �60-�70 to get it at the mininum bid - no thanks.

Anyone know any place cheaper that I can get it - like direct from the manufacturer or something?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps