Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » one year later... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: one year later...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was arrested a year ago today.. im a few days away from finalizing the rehab and paperwork that will cause the felony charges to be dropped and the arrest to be erased from my record. i havent seen the girl since then except for a couple of times we ran into each other, she's kind of not who i thought she was. all in all its been a helluva trip.

a year ago, Shik was happily in love with his girl, UM was pissing me off with his BS even though i realize now he is funny when im not under stress, and we were making jokes about ENTERPRISE being a cheating wife. oh, and i was on drugs back then and obsessed with making light of the great artist Eminem.

and we all hated BWC even though he really wasnt MIB. and i changed my publicly displayed name every couple weeks. and got a lot of threads closed.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002592

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002610;p=1

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up the butt.

Dear Lord Almighty, the fact that I have not been hired to rewrite the entire Television and Movie Industries is such a shame, it occurs to me.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mike... your life's been a rollercoaster ride to hell and back, so I gotta ask... was it worth the entry fee? I mean: in retrospect, if you could get a refund and whipe the past six years clean, would you give up who & where you are in life TODAY and pick the Merry-go-Round instead?

[ June 13, 2003, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago today, I got no respect at all on this forum. A year later... I still get no respect on this forum.

I'm in a rut, methinks.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago today I guess I would have been writing my last exams of HS. I would have been preparing to go the the prom, solo, because the one girl I wanted to go with was going with someone else.

As for today, I've been out of uni for a little over a month, I have a wonderful girlfriend (not the same girl as a year ago), and I have a full time job for the summer. All in all, pretty sweet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago, I was going back to college part time, and about to receive my acceptance to UD as a full-time, on campus student. Now, I'm finished my junior year and ready to graduate next June.

A year ago, I was still at Manhattan Bagel, the same run-down shop that I'd been working at off and on since the summer of '98. Now, I'm selling knives and stand to make a good amount of money if I can get off my ass and start calling customers. (It's not as bad as it sounds, really! [Razz] )

A year ago, I was complaining to Rob and James (two co-writers with Renaissance) because their draft of the Season One finale was late. Now, I'm complaining because their draft of the Season Two finale is late.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago today I had just broken up with Vann a month prior, and would have gotten with Laura a few weeks into the future. Today, I have broken up with Laura a month ago, and so sit in limbo yet again (yet no good outlook on the horizon).

Also, a year ago today I was somewhat unknown around here. Today, I still am.

I hate when history repeats itself... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, granted, this is actually slightly more than a year old, but all I can say is:

SHOVE IT UP YOU A-R-S-E!!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Progeny!
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago today I lived alone, had no boyfriend, my best guy friend lived in Memhpis, I worked too much, and my best friend was sick and possibly not going to live through it.

Today I live alone, have no boyfriend, my best guy friend is in Memphis, I work too much, and my best friend is sick and will possibly not live through it.

*sigh* So much for progress..... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know what Cart-Man.. there are very few things i would change.. i know what i've done wrong and what i got in trouble for certainly wasn't it.. basically, i'm fine because i've gotten away with it.. and 6 years? my life has only been really fuckd up for about 4 years.. and there's no end in sight, because im pretty happy right now, ive got my own place in the coolest place i could ever want to live, two awesome jobs, a bitchin rocknroll girlfriend who likes to watch dr who with me, and coming soon, i'll have the freedom to entertain myself chemically again, which, after a year of rehab, i have a new perspective on.

i pulled it off!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
and coming soon, i'll have the freedom to entertain myself chemically again, which, after a year of rehab, i have a new perspective on.

Erm, I don't think that's quite the purpose of rehab... [Confused]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm in a rut, methinks."

Yes, yes, we know your libido is overly robust, darling.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first thread was nuts. I laughed at my repetition joke. Thumbs down to the pretentious "pissed in the Cheerios" closer, though.

I appear to loath Simon 2002 less than I do Simon 1998. OMG LOL!

Cartman
Member # 256

I shudder to contemplate how history will judge Simon 2010.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps