Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » one year later... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: one year later...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very quickly, before it is crushed in the grips of his pneumatic claws.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, you can now get Vanilla Coke over here. . . and I love it. It is too sweet, though.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant believe how angry i got after that first thread.. just goes to show how irritable jail can make you.

as for missing the purpose of drug counseling, i get it. i've learned a lot, a lot about what i dont want to do the rest of my life and what i dont want to be. but i am still looking forward to my first bong hit since last august.

have other countries been inundated with retard sodas? we now have blue pepsi, vanilla coke, red mountain dew, orange mountain dew and fruit flavored sprite. my teeth are rotting out me head

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was forced to drink a thick, white, bittersweet penicillin ooze when I was a kid and had some sort of stomache illness.
It was heavily flavored with vanilla to "make it easier".

So I gagged the first time I tasted Vanilla Coke, I thought it was the regular can.
Oh, and I had a hangover too, bonus.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking about Snoop Dogg, and then I got to thinking about Transformers, and then I got to thinking about Snoopy Doggy Dogg talking about Transformers, and then I thought that "Optimizzle Prizzle" was a funny name.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sofa hates your prizzle. [Frown] [Confused]
Those are my parents.

Mike should stop bonging his belonging. s.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pepsi Blue is awesome, as is Mountain Dew Code Red. Haven't tried the fruity Sprite, haven't seen the orange Mountain Dew, and Vanilla Coke is gross.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
A year ago, I was complaining to Rob and James (two co-writers with Renaissance) because their draft of the Season One finale was late. Now, I'm complaining because their draft of the Season Two finale is late.

Business as usual then, eh? HEHE! [Big Grin]

Let's see, a year ago . . . my family and I were in another house, I'd finished my 3rd year of Uni and was preparing for another (final) semester (half a year). I was still writing the 1st line of the 1st paragraph of the 1st page of the first . . . you get the idea - fortunately I am now on chapter 5 of my first novel! WOW! [Eek!] Sadly I have a way to go before that's finished (29 planned chapters and two more books to complete the story), I have at least 2 other ideas for novels that are not related to my trilogy and a new joint project with a fellow novice writer has just been started - free time? What free time?! [Big Grin]

I was buying book after book a year ago (my shelves were overflowing into boxes) and I'm still doing that now - much to my parent's dismay! [Big Grin] Fortunately I have extra shelves in my new room; still not enough - I'll run out in about six months! [Wink] I was single - still am, but no problem there as there's no woman out there at the moment who's appealing - sad but true.

Life was generally boring and uneventful a year ago. Life is generally boring and uneventful now - business as usual! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
Yes, yes, we know your libido is overly robust, darling.

What libido? I sold off all of my testosterone to pay for car repairs.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the feeling of the same rut, life dragging on from one meaningless day to the next, with no end in sight.

Other than that, everything has been great this past year.... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see, a year ago.... I was about half way through my exams, which were not too bad. And I was preparing to slob through the summer. And i was getting on pretty well with a rather cute redhead. i was unemployed and in need of money.

Now, I've just finished my exams, which were hell, cos we only finished the syllabuses (sp?) the week before the exams. I would be preparing for the summer but I've got to go back to school in order to start the A2 course cos otherwise we won't finish the syllabus before the exams next year. I am still unemloyed and in need of money (desite my best efforts, although hopefully I will get an interview for a job in Ottakars soon). The redhead now refuses to acknowledge my existance. But other things are good.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year ago I was planning on going to Lipscomb University. I didn't have much of a life to speak of, no particular direction I was heading, no girl, I was in "see what happens" mode. I do that a lot. Now I've developed a very strong friendship with a girl named Cat, I've more or less reconciled with a very old friend named Amanda, exercized my remaining romantic interest in said old friend, and thanks to Cat I have a lot more self-confidence. I'm persuing a double-major in computer science and computer engineering, which if all goes well I can complete in six more semesters. I've also decided that if at all possible I want to work in youth ministry at my church. The kids are absolutely great, at least the vast majority of them are. Talking to them is just... refreshing. But even if I can't find employment in that area, I plan to stay at the church and work with them however I can.

I now have one girl that at the very least is attracted to me and enjoys flirting with me. No idea where that's gonna go, if anywhere. A second girl who I've met about half a dozen times over the course of my high school career gave me her phone number and e-mail address last week at Workcamp. Apparently she's not looking for a relationship in the near future, but enjoys casual dating, and gave me her info as a "see what happens" kinda thing.

Then there's Kate. I met her in Fall semester, had lunch with her once, and we got along pretty well. I thought she had a thing for me seeing as she laughed at every other thing I said, but apparently our senses of humor just coincide. Saw her a few more times near the end of Spring semester due to our schedules coinciding. She lives a couple hours away, but we've just picked up corresponding again because she just realized that she had my primary e-mail address written down wrong. In the last week we've come to the conclusion that we're both very attracted to each other. Physically, intellectually, spiritually, we're very near perfect for each other as far as we can tell. The only real problem is that she seems to have trouble making friends, and at the moment I'm about the only friend she's got. Her attraction to me may be based more on that than it seems, and we both know it. She won't take the risk right now, and I'd feel like I was taking advantage of her, so for now we just wait. Still, three girls have expressed at least some interest in me in a week, and I can't get one of them out of my head. This is very confusing for me. I'm a geek, and none of this happens to me.

In short, life is good. God so rocks.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile, God continues to urinate in my breakfast cereal because I stole a communion wafer one Sunday at Mass.

I mean, damn it, the service was running long, and I was hungry!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, god r0x0rz this year, but sux0r3d the previous two?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, because the previous years lead to this one. Think long game. Really long game.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps