Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Revenge (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Revenge
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fake it?!?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you should know all about that, Jason. It's that thing that the very few, unfortunate women have had to do when they've been "with" you.... [Big Grin]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd call that a low blow, but that's about as witty as you get, so I'll let you have your moment in the sun, Jeff. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't you be turning the other cheek?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'd call that a low blow, but that's about as witty as you get, so I'll let you have your moment in the sun, Jeff. [Wink]

Yeah. OK.

Like you've never stooped to "low blows" before.

Right.

OK. [Wink]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this person sleeps on his stomach, why don't you just crack a raw egg on his ass and let him think he got gangbanged?

That or just hire a transvestite hooker for him and not tell him the surprise...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure at church camp that'll go down well... DO IT!!! [Big Grin]

Actually, what demomination doesn't let you drink?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Griffworks
Member # 1014

The Baptists, Pentacosts, Jehovah's Witnesses (I think) and Presbyterians don't allow consumption of alcoholic beverages in any form, that I'm sure of. Not sure if Methodists allow drinking.

Those Christian religions I'm sure of are: Catholics, Greek Orthodox (all Orthodox, I think, since they're an offshoot of the Catholic church), Episcopal and some non-denominational churches. That's about all I'm sure of, tho.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God, I'm Anglican.... [Wink]

I'm fairly sure the Catholics don't mind alcohol... If they do, the Irish are screwed anyway... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Griffworks
Member # 1014

They don't at all mind their parishoners drinking alcohol. That's what I meant by "those who don't", in case that wasn't clear. [Smile]
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your Catholic, you can drink all you want, you just have to be sure to do some token act of repentance afterwards.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.. like killing a non-Catholic to rregain God's love
Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
If your Catholic, you can drink all you want, you just have to be sure to do some token act of repentance afterwards.

Obviously, you're not Catholic or Episcopalian 'cause that's a major misconception. You may be Catholic (or Episcopal) and consume alcohol any time you wish. However, if you drink to excess (i.e. get good and drunk), it's considered a sin. You must repent your sin - usually in the form of Confession to a priest and perform an act of contrition, which is not considred "token" by Catholics, but an honest act. There is no such thing as an "act of repentence", tho one must repent the sin that was committed and then perform the act of contrition.

Just so's ya know. [Wink]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of which points towards an unnecessary legalism. [Wink]

Anyway, I attend a "Church of Christ". That's either a denomination or it's not, depending on your definition of a denomination. Basically, Churches of Christ (as opposed to all those OTHER churches, I guess...) all tend to have the same general mode of worship: acappella singing, communion every week, and elders in charge of the congregation. There's no inter-congregational hierarchy, though, so individual churches can allow one thing while other churches disallow it. I don't know any that disallow drinking, full stop, but some apparently believe we shouldn't have kitchens in our church buildings. Under any circumstances, I'm 19, so getting alcohol to camp would be a minor miracle. [Smile]

I think what I'm actually gonna do is take advantage of my position at camp. I'm camera dude, see. I run around all week taking pictures of more or less everything, and at the end of it all I'll build a slideshow to show everyone. (Even at camp, I end up playing with my computer all week. No internet access, though. [Frown] ) SO, I just get either an embarrasing picture of him, or I take a picture and modify it in a suitably hilarious way. Thanks for all your ideas, odd as they may have been. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All hail the Photoshop.
But seriously...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps