Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Civilization III: Play the World (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Civilization III: Play the World
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trouble with multiplayer Civ games is that, well, they go on for years and years and years, and that it's almost impossible to play one to its conclusion when everybody's in a different timezone. I'd be up for a good backstabbing if you guys had, say, twelve straight hours to kill, but reserving that much time is pretty ludicrous, and in practice one of us would have to bow out prematurely anyway.

Plus I only have vanilla Civ III. Sorry. B)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically the only way to play would be if someone with PTW set up the game, and then I joined in with Conquests...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's how I took it.

Anyway, we're going to need to choose a time to do this. And we should probably choose the characteristics of the world we'll be playing on ahead of time, too. And claim civilizations.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have PTW...and some time between now and the 13th of January...

At which time we leave for Italy for 2 weeks. Pardon me...WHOHOOOO!!

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all the time in the world. I usually play as the Greeks, if that's already with you. And a pangean type world might seem best, so we can find each other easily and not have to wait until we can sail across the oceans. Just have us all fighting for one big chunk of land.

Shame you guys don't have Conquests, it adds a few new Victory Conditions that would make the game much shorter. One where if you lost 1 city, you lose the entire game, another where you have a free roaming king, where if he is killed, you lose the game, and a sort of capture the flag...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:
I have all the time in the world. I usually play as the Greeks, if that's already with you. And a pangean type world might seem best, so we can find each other easily and not have to wait until we can sail across the oceans. Just have us all fighting for one big chunk of land.

I'd be okay with Pangaea if Jay is. Any other preferences?

quote:
Shame you guys don't have Conquests, it adds a few new Victory Conditions that would make the game much shorter. One where if you lost 1 city, you lose the entire game, another where you have a free roaming king, where if he is killed, you lose the game, and a sort of capture the flag...

Actually, I think those are part of Play the World, as those victory conditions came with Gold Edition.

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

I can't think of any other preferences.

What type of multiplayer game do you think would be best? I'm thinking the Capture the King one might make things quicker...

Also, does your version of PTW allow for simultaneous turns, instead of having to wait?

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

quote:
I can't think of any other preferences.

What type of multiplayer game do you think would be best? I'm thinking the Capture the King one might make things quicker...

Also, does your version of PTW allow for simultaneous turns, instead of having to wait?

Regicide, hmm? That probably would make the game go quicker.

Yes, simultaneous turns come with PTW.

Like I said earlier, if we're going to do this, it's going to have to be in the next few days. Otherwise, I'm going to have to share this computer. What day/time would be best for you two?

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Honestly any time is good. I've been needing to change my sleep schedule anyway, so it'd be a good way to alter it.

I'm usually up from noon - 5am EST.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Well, I'd love to do this tomorrow, as tomorrow is the last day I can guarantee having this computer to myself. But I don't know if either of you two have New Year's Day plans or not.

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Me? Doing something on New Years? Never...

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Assuming that isn't sarcasm, what time tomorrow would be good?

Jay? Any objections to this?

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Anything after noon EST would be fine.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Alright. Unless Jay objects, let's set the time for 1:00 EST tomorrow.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Well, the appointed time has come. I'm going to start up a game called "Flare". It'll be password protected so nobody else can get in. The password will be "braxton".

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps