Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » NO I DIDN'T HIT THE FUCKING THING (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: NO I DIDN'T HIT THE FUCKING THING
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He could haul away at least half a dozen Bambis inside the H2. Save up enough food for a fine feast for every meal of the day. And at the same time run over anyone on the road who gives you trouble. You could be king of the country roads, think of it!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You have run over 6000 pounds of meat. However, you can only carry 550 back to the wagon."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, I get it.. I assumed that was a typo for lights."

That doesn't explain, then, why you thought it was illegal for someone to flash their lights on and off...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's illegal to operate a motor vehicle after dark with the headlights off, TSN.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That answered nothing.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it answered TSN's "That doesn't explain, then, why you thought it was illegal for someone to flash their lights on and off..."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In crazy land where answers do not match questions, perhaps.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

If you say so, Mr. Common Sense.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, if you flashed the brights, it would suggest you already had the lights on, so it was probably dark. But he thought "brights" was "lights". Remove "brights" from your original post, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that you were in the dark.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

But if you're an above average Flare poster, and you look at the time I posted, correct that for eastern standard time (where I am), and come to the not-illogical conclusion that I was a bit fired up because said incident had occured recently, and one would estimate that it happened at some point not distantly prior to the post. The post was at 10:44pm, so it was not a giant leap to think "it was dark out."

Because it WAS.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that he was humourously misunderstanding "flash my brights" as some sort of "I showed my genitals" thing. As in the other version of "flashing", and with "brights" being some sort of euphamism. He thought that brights was a typo, and therefore up for humourous misinterpretation. If he knew that "brights" was intentional, then he would have probably assumed that it was an American term for "high/main beam".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I never thought I'd tire (ha!) of hearing how bad a driver Jeff is, but...can't you find a new thing to be crap at, Jeffrey?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

How do you figure I'm a bad driver, Liam? Or are you somehow suggesting that deer never run out in front of drivers who are good? They have an extra sense, perhaps?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've never hit a deer.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been driving since 1990, and I've hit two deer. Must make me a Very Bad Driver then.

Does the H2 come with a pop-up chain-gun option? You could link that to the Themal Tracker Widget option and have it waste anything over 80 degrees F that crosses your path. Volia! No more deer!

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps