Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » AUGH! I don't want to be a web developer! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: AUGH! I don't want to be a web developer!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hotdog....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, I don't mind toughing it out with Notepad. It's the only program I've ever used when it comes to building webpages (minus the few times I played around with Dreamweaver and Frontpage).

I used to have a progam called Textpad on my laptop that served the same purpose. We used it in the Java class I took over the summer. It was an all right little program, but Notepad does what I need it to do at the moment.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" How Microsoft has justified bundling that sorry excuse for a text editor with Windows for a decade now is beyond me. Doesn't even do word wrap properly. Get Metapad."

I don't see why a plain-text editor should need to do anything more than Notepad does. I use it all the time. If I need to do something more, I use something different. But, for the stuff I do with Notepad, anything more would be overkill.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it's UltraEdit. Granted, most of the time I'm in Notepad-emulation mode anyway, but the functionality (regexes and other cool nerd stuff) is there when I need it.

[ October 05, 2003, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever considered being a lumberjack?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And get chronic sinus inflammation and migraines from prolonged exposure to resin fumes, like my finnish friend?
No, siree, sponge-diver here. It's healthy, trendy and fun. Like sex!

Well, the best job would be a well-paid Tai-Chi instructor. Get paid to stay in shape.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus the girls all love those sponges for bathing.... Make great gifts they do...

You should be a farmer....

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Times like this I wonder if I should have dropped out of high school and stayed at home on the couch sucking off the teat of the American Taxpayer.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

or find someone to sue and make millions....

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Update time.

I'm not entirely stupid because I made an A on the midterm. One of about twenty-five. Professor made us all stand on the stage and introduce ourselves to our classmates. Apparently, coding for a couple hours a day as well as devouring any scripting tutorial I came across helped (unlike my constant panicking).

I still don't want to be a web developer, though.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

SO teach....

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I'm still thinking about it, Ritten.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I forget what the average number of times a person changes career fields in life are, so don't worry yourself about it too much, chances are you will do something different in 5 to 10 years anyway....

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Time for an update. A happy update. The grades for this class were posted outside the professor's office this afternoon. I pulled off an A for the course, and I was one of three people to get a 100% on the final exam. For the first time in a pretty long time, I feel smart again. Time to celebrate feeling smart again by consuming large amounts of alcohol. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer makes you smart, beer makes you smart.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps