Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » AUGH! I don't want to be a web developer! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: AUGH! I don't want to be a web developer!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
I'm really just having fits about the MIS class I'm taking this semester. It's the program's weed-out and gateway class. Most MIS students change majors because of this class; everyone has to pass this class to go on to the senior level MIS classes. I'm really not feeling the love from it right now. It's three weeks until the midterm and I don't feel like I know enough to pass it based on my performance on the old copies of the exams.

That's why I am glad I took Intro to Computer Science this past semester... I now know that I do not want to be a code-monkey for a living.

*Shudders* C++...

I like Economics better [Big Grin] . If you do not make the cut in your MIS classes, try taking some Economics courses. Since you already have your bachelors in business (I assume because IS is under the business catagory at my college) that you have at least taken intro Micro- and Macro- Economics classes, so yuo will know already how much you like them.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acutally, Jack, I don't have my BBA quite yet. However, I am oh so close to getting it. I'm down to the final six classes; I should be out of here in August.

From what the MIS majors further along than I am tell me, the courses get much simpler now that this killer class is out of the way. And, I'm actually starting to enjoy the work I've having to do. I've only really been exposed to Java and client-side web development so far, but I've got a database class and a networking class coming up this spring. Should be fun.

As for changing majors, I really don't think it's an option at this point. I've already been in school long enough to have gotten both my bachelor's and master's degrees. I started as a music education major and switched to management information systems two years later. Anymore jumps and my parents are liable to skin me.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps