Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 'Greg' (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 'Greg'
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 'delivery', yes, but not 'managment.' I thought I posted that I was trying to buy a franchise. For that, I have to go through the management program, and then save up a butt-load of money.

To clarify, I've been working 'inside' at this PJs the last couple of months, and delivering at a little indy shop (working about 70 hours a week total). While I'm working inside the GM is starting to teach me how to open/close, work the computer, make deposits, dough management, etc., so that when I get sent to Towson for 'certification' I'll only have to be there for a week.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...and they wouldn't get a fatter paycheck for the time."

No, but the store would be better served overall by one AM who knows her stuff than by two if the second AM has a penchant for slacking off on the job anyway, right?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but the store would still require a third manager who would be able to cover shifts, so there isn't much of a choice on their part. Really what it amounts to is 'Greg' works a shift, then 'Jane' or 'Kristin' comes in and bitches him out for the lousy job he did, and then he starts moaning about how he wants to go home, and then I have to do all the shit he didn't do while he whines and cries.

Did I mention he had 20+ jobs one year? And was proud of it?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is 'Greg' likely to be reading this?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm not 100% certain of his reading comprehension ... besides, even if 'Greg' really read this, I don't think he would recognize that I have been clever enough to substitute 'Greg' in place of his real name. 'Greg' would probably tell me the next day, "Hah, that 'Greg' sounds like a real loser."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Brief cut to three days later]
Snay is holding a bloodied pink slip, a smoking gun, and sirens blare in the distance.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hee...hee...

'Greg' requested off Superbowl Sunday, one of the five busiest days at a pizza shop. So, because our GM and AM are such nice people, they agreed. But then he called out on Monday, and 'Jane' agreed to switch her Saturday closing shift for 'Greg's' Monday opening shift.

Well, come today (Saturday), and 'Greg' tried to call out. "Oh, my girlfriend's grandfather died, and she needs me." Okay, nevermind that he's already called out one day (to cover for his football related hangover, no doubt), now he's trying to get out of his coverage shift, which would mean he'd be getting 10 hours over on the store's labor (he's paid a very high amount of salary with the expectation that he'll work 50 hours per week).

Anyway, our GM called our DO (Director of Operations), her direct boss, and the guy who hired 'Greg'. Well, he's been none too happy with reports on 'Greg's progress (i.e., opening late, changing his clock in and out times), and it looks like 'Greg' may finally be on his way out ... to be replaced by me (except since I'll be a "shift leader" which means I'll be paid hourly, but also means I don't have the extent of the responsibilities, or the requirment to work 50 hours a week)! Anyway, it'll just be nice when he gets canned ... I can hardly wait ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel a party coming on.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Snay.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pnemonia.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats. Snay... I've been following your pizza exploits for what seems like years now [Wink]

What, praytell are the "5 biggest pizza days of the year"? Are these like Pizza holydays? [Smile]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've been following your pizza exploits for what seems like years now..."

Haven't we all. B)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel a party coming on.

Who's brining the pizza?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Reality.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

In what way, Styro?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps