Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 'Greg' (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 'Greg'
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing how the names/job titles change but it's still the same. Rather sad really. Even now, I deal with this, but from the other side.

Ah well. Reality. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
Even now, I deal with this, but from the other side.

Ah well. Reality. [Roll Eyes]

You are John Edwards!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got a heads up from my boss ... looks like I should have some interesting news tomorrow night ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your manager got promoted to a better store.

Greg is the new manager.

You're fired.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, in unrelated news, I recieved a bayonet yesterday. It belonged to my grandfather, and seems to be a "war prize" of his time in Europe. Best as I can tell, its German. It still has a sharp blade, even if the scabard is a bit rusted.

Hmmm ... hello, Greg ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only you had either a neo-nazi co-worker to pin the crime on or a documented history of blackouts....

but i'm just brainstorming.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You are John Edwards!?!"

The North Carolinan Senator currently running for Democratic presidential candidate in the US?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He meant John Edward, psychic medium. Understandable mistake.

--------------------
life creation in progress

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was being sarcastic. An understandable mistake.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we forgive you. Don't do it again, though.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, Sunday is 'Greg's' last day at the shop. He's being sent to another store, hoorah!

I had my meeting with the boss today. My GM called last night to warn me about it, so I spent the afternoon remembering the five catagories that a pizza is scored on, the aspects of dough management, considering hypothetical "think on your feet" questions he might pose ... and it was nothing like that, just 'Why do you want to do this?' 'What experience do you have?' 'Do you think you're ready?' Anyway, I officialy start as a manager on Monday, and he joked with me "Don't worry about it ... you have a lot of shoes to fill, but they're all small" (referring to all the previous shift managers who have come before me ... like five in the last year, not counting 'Greg' ... it's worse than filling Defense Against the Dark Art's post at Hogwarts!)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"...I spent the afternoon remembering the five catagories that a pizza is scored on, the aspects of dough management..."

Isn't it cute how the pizza people take themselves seriously?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I mean, come on, dude, it's pizza!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey, it's not the job you do, it's how you do that job. Besides, GMs can make between $35 - $100k depending on their bonuses. And one of the most important thing about MAKING bonuses is how your pizza scores are.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this mini-game in Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's Magical Mystery Mall game for the Playstation game console where you must deliver fast foodstuffs, such as pizzas and hamburger sandwiches to impatiently waiting consumers. The more pizza pies and hamburger sandwiches you deliver, the higher the score goes up. With this score, once you reach a certain point, you do not, like in this real life, get bonuses. However, you do recieve a magical gem which proves to be instrumental in unfreezing the mall from its frozen state.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps