Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Three in a row (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Three in a row
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girl I've been persuing for a few months now just told me that she's dating another guy. He happens to be 28 to her 18. I've met exactly three girls in my life that have any marriage potential at all, and every one of them has rejected me for another guy. The first keeps getting back together with the same guy who's insecure and insensitive, the second has known her guy for five months and is marrying him in another three, and the third is this one.

Damn.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He happens to be 28 to her 18
*falls over*
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At ten, I fathered my first.

So, ew.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as it may hurt right now, these things have to come naturally. If you're doing the right things with the right intentions, and it still doesn't work, then it's probably just not meant to be. On the other hand, if the trend continues, say, 5 years down the road, then the problem might lie with you, and there's probably something you're doing consciously or unconsciously that's not working. Self-knowledge is a good thing.

--------------------
life creation in progress

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, you're 18, aren't you? Worrying about marriage at that age should only be done if it's the only way you're going to get some sex.

Hmm.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
19. Closer to 20 than not.

--------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The divorce rate of people who marry between 20-25 is 60%. Just saw that on Dr. Phil.

--------------------
life creation in progress

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Facts aside - does anyone think Dr. Phil has beady little eyes?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
19. Closer to 20 than not.

If you're still saying "I'm going to be blah blah blah in x number of days", rather than trying to hide it, you are far too young to do, well, anything.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HOPE THAT WHEN I AM 28 I CAN GET AS MUCH YOUNG ASS AS MANY OF THE OTHER 28 YEAR OLDS SEEM TO

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind want to stay above the age of majority, though...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at the bright side, Omega: at least you're not friends with the guy she's dating now.

I just learned that the only woman I've ever loved (unrequited, no less!) has left her alcholic fiance' (a former co-worker of mine) and is on her own.
Not that she's spoken to me in three years: the fiance' would fight wih her if she even called me.
He was pretty insecure...although I'd have taken her from him if I could have.

meh.

Now I'm all a mix of unresolved emotions and self-loathing for feeling anything at all for this woman that probably doesnt think of me at all.

Fun city.

At least I can blare Ministry in my car and forget all about it while driving...

mmmmmm.....Ministry.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might as well make the effort. Nothing ventured, nothing shagged. 'Course, how long you wait before making the approach, and how you make the approach, is another question entirely. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont even know how long it's been since their breakup....could only be a few weeks or a few months.

I've come to the grim realization that just because she's not with him doesnt mean that she'd want to be with me either.

Besides, I'm no one's fallback guy.

Stupid as it sounds, I would like to know she's allright though.
(note: this is as sickly vulnerable as I allow myself).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Member # 91

at least you're not friends with the guy she's dating now.

Actually, he and I get along quite well, at least we have until now. Haven't seen either of them since I declared my interest.

Nothing ventured, nothing shagged. 'Course, how long you wait before making the approach, and how you make the approach, is another question entirely. . .

Well, what you've just said is entirely what's wrong with the approach. If you approach every relationship with the desire for sex in mind, then it's gonna be obvious eventually. Be her friend when she needs you, and see what happens. It's worked so well for me, after all. [Smile]

Stupid as it sounds, I would like to know she's allright though.

Not stupid. You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps