Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Messenger Service Question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Messenger Service Question
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I shall seriously consider these programs should I get any problems with Norton, but so far I've not had many problems with it. Since I got Win XP the firewall has worked properly and allowed me to alter options and stuff. Should problems arise I'll consider other options. Thanks guys! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
But what is Firefox? Is it another firewall program?

*unbelieving gasp*

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, I use the Opera web browser.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heathen!
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firefox is da bomb.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried this "Firefox" thingy, it looks nice, and it loads fast, and the popups are gone.
But it didn't transfer any of the cookies pertaining to passwords and logins from Explorer, so I've stopped using it for now, until I can chase down all the passwords and login names...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at least able to transfer my bookmarks from IE 6.1 to Opera 7.12 when I switched a while ago. I don't know if the fully operational version of Firefox will work that way.

Heathen... Charles even I have been called worse than that. You make the browser sound like the Holy Grail or the Shroud of Khaless.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the scroll function for the mouse is out of whack in Firefox. Either choppy-snail-scrolling or Ludicrous Speed, no matter what feature I check in "Preferences". [Frown]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I TRANSFERRED ALL OF MY COOKIES AND PASSWORDS AND BOOKMARKS FROM NETSCAPE AND IE AND BOY LET ME TELL YOU IT WORKS GREAT A+++
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you know? Your computer doesn't even work.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now it does!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

For now though...

--------------------

Chris W.
Member # 1347

- posted      Profile for Chris W.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Macs don't have issues such as this. :-)

--------------------
Yeah, I'm the same guy from prev. incarnations of these forums.

Chris W.
Member # 1347

- posted      Profile for Chris W.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't have many issues at all, I might also add. :-) (ducks)

--------------------
Yeah, I'm the same guy from prev. incarnations of these forums.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Charles, I'm trying out Firefox to see if I want to replace it with Opera... I'm currently pissed since I can't figure out how to use the tabs function where each new window is launched within a tab so I can have few browser windows open as possible. That is why I switched to Opera in the first place.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps