Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ...but I don't FEEL 30... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: ...but I don't FEEL 30...
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I turn 30 years old. That just doesn't sound right. I don't FEEL 30, more like 25 or something. I suppose it's one of those things that just happens to you that just doesn't sound right when applied to you. Kind of like it doesn't sound right when people refer to me as a husband or a father, although I know it's true.

B.J.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one will ever trust you again.
Here's some usefull phrases,
You know when I was your age........

Kids these days.

We used to be able to buy one of those for a quarter

and

I was wearing an onion on my belt, cause that was the style at the time.

Happy Birthday

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what is it about odd multiples of 10 that has people so rattled about their age, anyway?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Cartman:
quote:
Just what is it about odd multiples of 10 that has people so rattled about their age, anyway?
We use a base 10 counting system.

Marian

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I mean why people don't ever seem afraid of turning 20 or 40, but have to unwrap their panties from a major bind when they hit 30 or 50. IT IS ILLOGICAL.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Cartman:
quote:
No, I mean why people don't ever seem afraid of turning 20 or 40, but have to unwrap their panties from a major bind when they hit 30 or 50. IT IS ILLOGICAL.
I wondered if that's what you meant, but I assumed I must be wrong, because that doesn't make any sense.

People don't freak about turning 20 because they're still growing up, not growing old. And they do freak about turning 40 or 60, just as much as 30 or 50. Certainly my parents did, and so did all their friends. And there's no lack of "lordy lordy, (customizable name here)'s turning forty" novelty mugs at your local Hallmarks.

I imagine by the time someone gets to 70 they've gotten sanguine about it.

Marian

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is just another day to me. I guess I have decided to grow old and gray with ease, after all, why worry about it, I can't change it.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman: I don't know how it is over there, but in the US people refer to age 40 as being "over the hill". People will throw fortieth-birthday parties for thier friends/relatives with black balloons and stuff. So, people definitely make a big deal out of turning 40, too.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Husband and father, eh? That gives me 10 years. Judging by what I have achieved in the past 5 years, that seems bloody unlikely. Yay for being a socially inept geek!

Happy birthday anyway!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex-girlfriend got rather upset about turning 20.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your ex-girlfriend is a weird, stupid.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry, using me as a gauge, you only have 3 years to get married, and 5 1/2 to have kids. Of course, I have a coworker who didn't get married until he was around 38.

Turning 30 isn't getting me down or freaked or anything. It's just the term "30 year-old" doesn't sound right when applied to me, if that makes any sense. BTW, my grandfather is turning 99 in less than a month, and he plans on outliving his grandfather, who lived to 105!

B.J.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday!

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't feel any different when I turned 30. It's really just a number.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps