Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » All your Mac are belong to us! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: All your Mac are belong to us!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Looks like I've just been seeing the "Best Selling Hard Drives" section and didn't bother looking any further...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. But US $69.99 = CAN $92.31, not $109. That's a bit of a price difference. Unless they force you to pay $10 because they hate your stupid, stinking non-Constitutional money.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Hmm. Looks like I've just been seeing the "Best Selling Hard Drives" section and didn't bother looking any further...

You mean at the hard drive that was right there on the front page?

Going shopping with you must be a nightmare.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, when I enter the product number for that drive on my end, I get this:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=291932&sku=THD-1200JB%20P

And the deal with rebates, for that drive would be thus:

You pay $99.99 for the drive. You get a little form that you fill out, mail away, and get a cheque for $30. So in the end you pay $69.99.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought, like, a 160 GB Seagate many months ago, that, with rebates, would have cost me a little under one hundred dollars, but I never sent the rebates in. And also I have yet to buy a motherboard that can use it, so it is sitting in a bag at the foot of my bed. Under a blanket. (The blanket has a bunch of things on it.)

I am done with computers and electricity.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Seagate, they increased their warranty period to 5 years which would be a major advantage since IIRC, everyone else is still at 1 year, or 3 for some high-end drives.
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/26/1943231&tid=164&tid=218

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Actually, when I enter the product number for that drive on my end, I get this:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=291932&sku=THD-1200JB%20P

Well then, don't buy it from that URL. Buy it from this one. It's not rocket science.

quote:
You pay $99.99 for the drive. You get a little form that you fill out, mail away, and get a cheque for $30. So in the end you pay $69.99.
What an unbelievably stupid system. Stupid stupid stupid. Who uses cheques anymore, anyway?

Stupid.

Buy a motherboard, Simon.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Actually, Liam, the page I get has prices in CDN. The page you get is in US. So I'd end up paying the same anyways.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JUST BUY THE DRIVE ALREADY

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I don't have the money to buy it right now, thus my questions. [Razz]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Actually, Liam, the page I get has prices in CDN. The page you get is in US. So I'd end up paying the same anyways."

So, CA$109.99 (US$83.86) is the same as US$69.99 (CA$91.81)?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

The drive model number is THD-1200JB P. Listed on the website in USD, its $99.99, with a $30 rebate, yielding $69.99. The exact same sku on the Canadian listed website is $139.99, with a $30 rebate, yielding $109.99.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So buy American then?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

After shipping charges and conversions etc etc I'd probably end up paying the same.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have no e-cash. Or even checks, for that matter. I trade only via the barter system. Oh, and also double-entry book keeping is a mysterious art of the future for me.

I have been meaning to set up a new bank account, but things keep getting in the way. Like, I'd like to go in the morning, but I'm never awake during the morning. And then yesterday I watched Heavenly Creatures instead of doing anything at all.

Also I'm worried that I would hemorrhage money like a firehose if I could buy books and ironic T-shirts while sitting at home.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps