Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Damn Hoodlums! (Page 13)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Damn Hoodlums!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lick doorknobs instead. I've been doing it for 20 years, my immune system is like my coffee, strong and..black.

Those damn hoodlums.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody hell. I just got breathalysed! Went to the supermarket to do our Christmas food shopping at 11pm, came out and ran into a random sweep. Was seriously panicking as I'd had a glass of wine with dinner - but that was four hours before. Was up front about it with the copper, who was actually really good about it, explained the whole process, and seemed as happy as I was when the result was negative. The guy in the car in front, however, failed his test. . .

Strange thing is, this is the second time this year I've been breathalysed, and it'd never happened to me before 2004. The earlier time this year was in New Zealand, when again we ended up in a random check-point set up cunningly just after some roadworks so the presence of a few extra flashing lights didn't tip anyone off. They're pretty shit-hot about such things in NZ, the machines they use are ultra-sensitive - they'd have to be given you don't blow into them but just speak into a grille. Just as well we'd only been to the cinema. . .

So, everyone remember to take care this festive season. It's certainly been a wake-up call for me, I usually take care to watch what I drink if I know I might be driving later, but tonight I didn't even think about it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never drive when I have been drinking earlier that day. So no problems there.
OTOH, I have never been checked by the police as of yet anyway... [Smile]

@LOA: How is your car doing. Everything repaired? How's the new sound-system? [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Austin: I got my car back at 10pm two nights ago. So far, so good. It's not done yet though... just a LITTLE bit more work to do. My linear acctuator that motorizes my amp rack is on back order, so once that comes in it needs to go in. Plus, it's going in tonight just to have some minor adjustments done... turning up the gain on my sub amp, disconnecting my headlight dimmer on the deck, and adding a little bit of soundproofing material to the rear deck 'cause it rattles. All very minor and normal things to have done after an install like mine... I do love it though... it's gonna be cool. Once I get the chance, I'll take some pictures for y'all. Fun times!

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps