Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Damn Hoodlums! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Damn Hoodlums!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. Insurance is the only service in the world you pay for, hope you'll never have to use, and get treated like you've done something wrong if you do try to use it.

Insurance companies view themselves, not as a service industry, but as a collection depot for your money. Seriously... do they actually *do* anything that you don't make them do? I'm sure some are better than others, but what do they actually do for the customer? You get into a wreck, you make a claim, and if you're lucky, they process your paperwork and cut you a check without question. If you're unlucky, you get investigated for fraud and have your claim denied, putting you in an even worse position than you would've been without the insurance. Plus your rates will probably go up because you filed a claim and were investigated for fraud.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck insurance in it's money-grubbing ass.
"I've never trusted Insurance...and I never will. I can never forgive them for the death of my Buick".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, that quote is officially dead now. Like too little butter scraped over too much bread.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WANT A POST "NEVER FORGIVE" QUOTE LOOKING FORWARD NOT BACK!!!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I do not trust Klingons now, and I never will. I will never forgive them for something they will do in the future?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like your idea of a website based on your car. I plan to do the same.

Here's the first pass logo I have for it. Needs a lot of work.
 -

Second pass...

[ December 06, 2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heeeelp! Ricer bloggerz!!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know...the Mitsubishi logo looks pretty Klingon-like.
Mabye just when in front of the circular "rising sun" logo.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL about this entire thread. Great comments...

Sorry about the loss of your stereo, but honestly, why do you buy a car stereo that is worth more than the vehicle itself? [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

And for all of you other Rice-lovers:

http://laughatrice.com

Honorable mention:

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery18/g18p10.htm

[Wink]

By the way, if you want to "retaliate" for my ricer-bashing: I drive an '05 BMW 330 Cd (a model not available in the US) fitted with a standard Harman-Kardon 5.1 sound system - but no car alarm. Thankfully in our part of Germany we don't need that sort of thing.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Thankfully in our part of Germany we don't need that sort of thing.

...yet.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Thankfully in our part of Germany..."

Which is where, in the middle of the Black Forest?

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, the stereo is NOT worth more than the car. The car is still worth more. And besides that, I have a stereo that big because I like it... I'm a total music junky... completely addicted. I know I have a problem, but I don't have it in me to complete the 12-steps to fix it [Wink]

The car went to the body shop yesterday to have the body repairs done. Very exciting, 'cept I had to have a friend pick it up for me due to my impossible work schedule, so it wasn't 'til 7pm last night that I discovered that none of my interior lighting works now. I'm hoping it's just a fuse.

Now, it's at Car Toys, and they're going to begin the big stereo install process. Whoo, hoo! The new system is amazing, though I'd still rather have my old one. Ah, well... such is life. I'll have my car back on Dec 18th, with music. That's 6 weeks after the initial break-in. OY! LONG six weeks!

Though now I'm in a rental car, with a stock stereo, and that's better than the nothing I've had for the last month [Razz]

I think I'm gonna make it.

~LOA

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully the thieves didn't clip bits out of your wiring harness in the process of ripping stuff out...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, silly.... there is nothing really left of the wiring harness. Or of any of my RCAs. Or anything else that's remotely important for signal processing within a vehicle... hehehe... I'm getting All New Stuff! [Wink]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Heeeelp! Ricer bloggerz!!!

heh.

I hope not. I plan to avoid crossing into the rice catagory as much as possible. That laugh at rice site has a lot of perfect examples of rice cars. Although I get the impression those people will label any import car automatically as rice.

Appearance is important to modifying a car don't get me wrong. However, performance and handling should always be a primary concern. Body kits and rims needn't be a bad thing as long as they blend in with the rest of car to help enhance the look without going overboard.

LOA, what speakers do you recommend? I have a Pioneer CD player, but I want new speakers to go with it. I was think 6.5in Kenwood or Rockford Fosgate.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps