Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Damn Hoodlums! (Page 11)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Damn Hoodlums!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a year putting LRP in an unleaded car, because I didn't realise it was unleaded. Good thing it didn't have a catalytic convertor, or I would have really buggered the thing up. As it is, I was annoyed when I realised how much money I'd wasted.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Also, I would have to write roughly 48 Half-life 2 walkthoughs in order to afford a BMW."

FIVE-HUNDRED POUNDS FOR A SINGLE WALKTHROUGH ??

Say "I am poor" again. SAY "I AM POOR" AGAIN. I dare you, I double-dare you, motherfucker. SAY "I AM POOR" ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, a bit more.

It's weird. The reviews didn't pay that well. �40 for a half-page, and �80 for a full page. They took about 3 or so nights to do, and I did get to keep the game, but when it's "Alexander: The Heroes Hour" or "Myst IV", that's not a massive perk.

So I was asking about getting paid (I hadn't filled in some forms), and the editor said that they had some work that needed to be done in a pinch. It involved writing a 13,000 word walkthrough in less than a week. And they would pay me �750. I was at work when I got that. I logged off my PC, walked over to the cafeteria, got a cup of tea, came back, and replyed in the afirmative.

I don't actually get it until the 20th January, though.

(I also got invited to EA to play Battlefield 2 yesterday, but I couldn't go due to work. That was annoying.)

(And, my car is still shit.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do seem to be sending you games from the butt-end of the industry to break you in, but still, 80 quid per page is not too shabby for a few day's freelance work. And you get your name listed in one of Britain's finest computer magazines! The entire world will soon be at your fingertips, I predict.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

�80 is okay. The �40 one isn't too good though, as it only takes slightly more time to do a full page than a half one. The main pain in the arse is taking the screenshots and the in-game footage.

But to go back to the original tangent...people with BMWs are plainly spoilt. And rich. And bastards.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they're not even all that nice, either, for the price. For the price you pay, you might as well get a Merc, or pay much less and get an Audi which is just as good.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't agree. Not all people who drive BMW's are bastards or filthy rich. Look at me. Took me six years to save money for my car. And I don't spend a lot on other luxury items.
As for BMW versus Mercedes or Audi:

1) Mercedes and BMW are very different cars. Ok, so both are expensive and offer a lot of gimmicks, but the driving experience is very different. Mercs are more the luxurious and plush "let yourself be driven-around" cars, whereas BMWs are sporty "driver" cars.

2) Audi and BMW are a bit more comparable but Audi still feels a little "cheap", especially the interiors - even though the price-tag has risen quite a bit in the last few years, so that Audis are almost in the same price range as BMWs now - at least in Germany.

And as for fuel: mine is a Diesel car so I don't have to think about leaded, unleaded, 4-star, premium, Optimax, Ultimate100 or whatever. Hooray... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No, you have to think about Diesel. In the same way that people who have unleaded cars have to think about unleaded. Where's the difference again?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the states (or at least in FT. lauderdale), the diffrence is that half the gas stations dont even bother with diesel.

My pal Anna (the bannana) has a diesel Jetta and knows every gas station in town that offers it so she's in the clear if her tank is low.

Diesel actually costs as much as premium here....strange.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Here, Diesel is cheaper than LRP/4-star, but more expensive than unleaded. Stop this conversation now.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, you have to think about Diesel. In the same way that people who have unleaded cars have to think about unleaded. Where's the difference again?
What I meant was, I just go to the petrol station and get Diesel. There's just one type. With petrol there are between three and five different variants, at least at German gas stations.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

German petrol stations are obviously traps for rich fools with BMWs.

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

"Stop this conversation now."

Well, it had, until you jumped in after FOUR DAYS and restarted it. But did you think of that? Nooo. Stupid boy.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I had a busy weekend.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Me too, I had to check out all the local petrol stations on how many types of fuel they offer... [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps