Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Lee 2.0 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lee 2.0
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, you will have to accept that you will not be able to childproof *everything*. Both my kids, soon after they became fully mobile, decided that it was their job to "reorganize" our CD collection. That involved them taking every single CD out of its slot and stacking it in the middle of the floor. Fortunately, they quickly lose interest in most things that aren't toys. The only things you absolutely have to concern yourself with are things that would hurt her if she got ahold of it. It would be nice to keep your books out of reach (and therefore intact!), but it's not a necessity. The bookshelf, however, should be anchored to the wall, since that could potentially fall over (if it's tall enough).

B.J.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the last update, literally zeroes of people have emailed me to inquire as to when the next one would be. "In, er, three months time" was my sage reply. Lula is now 9 months old (or, she's been out longer than she was in, as my wife put it).

Lula can now crawl, and does so with great enthusiasm. The cats are looking increasingly harried - their reaction so far can be likened to Galileo: "It moves!" She has two bottom teeth. When it became clear that a 4 o'clock feed was interfering with her appetite for her main evening meal, we cut that out so she's now on three solids a day. Latest bizarre culinary liking: hummus. I kid you not.

She can also talk with great conviction on many disparate topics - not that anyone else can understand her, however. Words that can be made out so far are "Mama," "Daddy" and "cat." So she has her priorities right, at least.

Getting her to sit still is well-nigh impossible. . .
She REALLY loves the swings!
Everything that's important to me in one photograph - anyone who points out that there's a Flare in this picture will be killed.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a flare in the picture

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things important to Lee:

His family.
A closely-mown lawn.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Molting season, is it?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

She can also talk with great conviction on many disparate topics - not that anyone else can understand her, however. Words that can be made out so far are "Mama," "Daddy" and "cat." So she has her priorities right, at least.

My Nephew (about 14 months) can say Dad-Dad, Tractor, Teddy, Pa and woof! That's as much as I know/have heard - I don't think he's said Mum/ma-ma yet - Maybe once - on his birthday! [Smile]

What a collection of words! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Things important to Lee:

His family.
A closely-mown lawn.

A tube-steel fence. [Smile]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rapidly becoming a connoisseur of children's play areas. This one (a park near where we live) is in nice surroundings, but isn't very well appointed. And the flooring material soaks up and retains too much water, I got a wet knee when hunkered down to take a photo. Top recommendations would have to be Blaise Castle in Bristol, Gloucester Park, and Victoria Park in Burgess Hill. Gloucester Park had the most cool-looking things I wanted to have a go on myself, but there were too many kids around using them. Bah.

A common feature of all is the waist-high steel fence. I presume to keep the marauding packs of fighting dogs, barely restrained by their chav owners, from getting into the play area.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I've noticed now - at least in Brisbane they have shops that are basically huge play areas... like a maze of swings and bridges and balls etc etc - and it has a cafe (for the parents presumably). Now why didn't they have that sort of stuff when we were growing up!?!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps