Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » XP is being an asshole... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: XP is being an asshole...
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only get 620 for "OS/2 problem" maybe we should all switch to that?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a lot of something is not an excuse to waste it on pointless crappy frivolities like themes or gigantic weather sidebars, mister Latecomer.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get 33.6 megaresults when I search on the American, British, Canadian, and Australian Googles.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that in English units?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'd be approximately 14.7 gustavs (or 146.3 buckleys, if you prefer).

Personally, I believe any computer problem can be solved with a good reformat of the hard drive(s). After all, why save the patient when he's just going to get sick again?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you see?? These divergent search results are only the first step in Google's master plan to break consensus reality and seal us all up in our own virtual world!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Firefox theme is obviously nice. You are wrong about that. And the sidebar, which is actually only there because I wanted a pretty clock. I win.

quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
But since the original problem of the thread seems to have been resolved I think this petty desire on my part to show that I can in fact count isn't going to cause the end of the world.

I refuse to listen to anyone who is picky enough to run XP in classic mode but who still uses Internet Explorer. Never mind the fact that you've got a not open Messenger and a "safetly remove hardware" icon in your taskbar. Why don't you just load up Task Scheduler and be done with it? EH?

(-10 points for the blatent loading up of Winamp in order to show everyone what song you're playing, too. It also looks suspiciously like you're using either Winamp 2, or Winamp 5 in classic mode, in which case there really is no hope for you.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyway Nim, you are right in that you could save a teensy bit of power by turning off themes. You could also reduce your desktop to 16 colours and have no wallpaper. But doing so will be silly.
*scoph* Have you any idea what kind of framerate I get in 16 colours and 320x200? Seesaw!

quote:
Are you an obsessive overclocker, too?
No, never done that. Nor do I bother with 3urd party software designed to OPTIMIZE your DOWNLOAD SPEED or SPEED up my FLOPS. Having a conventionally and moderately good system is good enough for me. I get about 40 kilogustavs per session out of it.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, reminds me of when everyone was posting their desktops and half the time it was much more fun to see what was on their taskbars and system trays. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're the person who complained that everyone put up Winamp (because it's more trendy than Media Player) and "accidently" left their playlist showing in order to impress everyone with they Ultra Kewl Music Taste.

I think looking at Simon's caused several people to become ill.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad.

Jape of the year!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that just your playlist or, like, your entire library? In any event, here's to starting the trend all over again.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simpsons theme EXTENED EDIT? Why you little-!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I guess that's all the songs I have, minus a few.

Liam is going to be all over you like a drill instructor, Topher, for the size of your system tray.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I am unable to put my rage into words. iTunes AND Winamp? Plus what looks suspiciously like one of those "we're going to check your PC constantly for errors" things in the shape of a toolbox. You have committed a grave sin.

Philip Glass

And as for Simon: WHERE IS THAT IDLEWIND SONG I SENT YOU? ANGER! But anger that can be calmed by the act of you sending me those Macho Man Randy Savage files. They'll go brilliantly with the "oooh yeah" I'm currently using on my mobile as my message tone.

Philip fudging Glass. Seriously, what?

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps