Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » XP is being an asshole... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: XP is being an asshole...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I don't know why I still have that Net Assistant icon there. It was installed when I setup my computer for DSL with the CD my ISP gave me and I've never used it... And I use iTunes, Winamp, and WMP for different purposes... Don't have a player that does everything I want I guess.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The presence of the Shaft theme on Simon's list has me both worried that I share some of his musical tastes and reassured that, secretly, he is no different than the rest of us in our universal desire to be bad motherfuckers.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can dig that.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also:

"I refuse to listen to anyone who is picky enough to run XP in classic mode but who still uses Internet Explorer."

Still using Outlook yourself costs you 7 billion credibility points, and strips you of the right to humiliate anyone for their computer habits again ever.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They'll go brilliantly with the "oooh yeah" I'm currently using on my mobile as my message tone.
Oh, music ring tones! Fuck that's hip!!

Personally I use a segment from the first and only unplugged studio master of "In-a-gadda-da-vida", since then lost in the maw of a giant Slor. It's ten seconds of high-key feedback and the sound of someone stomping real hard.

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam that safely remove hardware thing just popped up cause I had turned my printer on, I didn't intend for it to be there and I certainly don't actually use it. As for the music, you're getting paranoid I think, I actually happened to be listening to some music at the time, and you can't even tell what I was listening to anyway as the song title was longer than the bar. Unless you know that much about music you could identify the song from a partial title.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gently reassured by how few artists on Simon's list I recognise. But I'm also intrigued that a recording exists of the Flaming Lips' cover of "Seven Nation Army" and wish to locate it (I saw them do it live, you see, and a real stonker it was). Not sure how though, given my P2P choice of the past 5 years, WinMX, has just been Proxmired.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And has your position been compromised?

Did you see a cat?

By the btw, does anyone know a good Wav-to-mp3 conversion tool?

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, the average Swede's command of English fails him. It's a bit like reading Roxette lyrics. Or, to put it more succinctly - er, what?

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

What did Garak say when the bugs crashed into the Vor'Chas?

Your winemex has been proxmired, sir. If you saw two cats, did they look different or was it the same cat, SIR? *puts hand on holster*

And furthermore, where could one possibly acquire a wav-mp3 conversion tool?
(yes, that was the gist of it)
Lee
Member # 393

Nope. Not a clue - about .wav-.mp3 conversion tools, or the rest of it. Granted, I used the verb 'to Proxmire' in a rather loose sense - "to cancel something for the financial benefit of others;" I even thought perhaps the confusion arose from 'Proxmire' being the name of an Ikea product, but I've searched their website with no result.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

It. simply. sounded. similar. to. compromise. The bodyguard/Matrix lingo came naturally.

See, when my brain couldn't rightly place the word 'proxmire' it kind of "ran home to momma", as they say in my line of work.

Associations, man, associations. Do we have to do this every time?
It is the glue that binds AIM/MSN funniness.

Next week, I expect to see no less than three sick spinoffs on this subject from you, at my desk, twelf sharp.

If we'd had that pint all this could've been avoided. [Wink]

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, but even if I'd made it to Tunbridge Wells that day, doing the drive back home is hard enough without having had an even-slightly boozy lunch. Like I said, next time plenty of warning then we'll do Brighton.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

That day...that fateful day. But don't try to change the subject, old duck. The dead ghost of Sir William Proxmire will poison your alfalfa.

I keep wondering why "they" haven't crushed DC++ yet. Sureleaf it can't be for lack of trying? Do the guys have that good lawyers?

And that's another XP/DC++ problem of mine. Why is it impossible to watch part of a movie before it has finished downloading? You can see a JPEG develop before it has been fully loaded, so why not avis?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Philip fudging Glass. Seriously, what?

What's wrong with Philip Glass? I have a couple Philip Glass tunes on my computer. I'd post my list, but my friends already delivered more than the recommended dose of laughter and taunting about my musical tastes when I posted it to my blog.

Oh, and XP in classic mode rocks.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps