Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 11)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the girl for me, please. Bras are highly overrated...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Obscure:
I was on a chemo medication called Temodar.

Sounds Romulan

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Just the girl for me, please. Bras are highly overrated...

Eeewww! Saggy boobies!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Obscure:
I was on a chemo medication called Temodar.

Sounds Romulan
Hmmm...someone needs to take that pic of Jay and add on Romulan Hair and the David Byrne uniform.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for bumping this old thread. But I decided on bumping it instead of creating a new one.

I got hit by a car today while out riding my motorcycle. She came out of a parking lot and didn't see me. I managed to avoid hitting her head on, but the front end of her SUV clipped the rear end of my bike, sending my onto the side of the road where I was forced to eat dirt rather than hit a car parked on the side of the road. I'm pretty much ok, except for my ankle which was pinned under roughly 400 pounds of metal. I didn't break it but it's pretty swollen now and there's a nice big red mark right where the ankle bone is.

I just figured I'd let you guys know even though you probably couldn't care less.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes, that sounds painful! [Eek!]

Of course we care. [Frown]

Glad you're okay. [Smile]

How's the bike? [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitaminute. Are you trying to tell me that someone in an SUV wasn't paying attention to other drivers and others were made to pay a painful price?... Outrageous, sir.

No, but was she at least ridiculously apologetic and traumatized by it? Couple feet back and it might've been a one way trip. Glad to hear you're OK. Ice that ankle, take it easy on it too.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're okay!
Fuck, you lucked out- go to a doctor (if you have not already) and have him check you out- a lot of serious injuries done become apparant (or painful) untill later.

Did she get a ticket? If so, your medical and any repair costs should be completely covered.

Was she talking on a cell phone?
Seems a cell is surgically attached to all SUV drivers here.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this and though of you
http://www.90poundsuv.com/
(I havn't played it myself, being at a client site and all, my apologies if it's at all offensve to anyone other than drivers of Chelsea Tractors [SUVs])

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scrurge of riding a motorcycle, I have been cut off, hit, had people look right at me and then pull in front of me, it drives you crazy.
People please watch for motorcycles, especially this time of year.
Hope the ankle heals, sue the bitch's ass.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do hope you and your ankle get better fast.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Da_bang80
Member # 528

My bike's ok, just the turn signal indicators are bent. No, I didn't report it, nor did she get a ticket. My injuries aren't serious, in fact other than some stiffness and tenderness everythings good.

She was very sorry, She wasn't on a cell phone, she just didn't see me because it was something of a blind spot for her due to the way the road and parking lot are positioned. No harm no foul.

When I look back at it I had to laugh. because when she came up to me I politely asked her to lift my bike so I could pull my foot out from underneath. Then she gave me a smoke. She was a nurse at the correctional center I was riding past so she knew nothing was broken, plus about 3 other corrections officers were there.

I've seen a lot of dumbass drivers on the roads lately. People who run yellow/red lights just because they're in too much of a rush to get where they're going. I've seen people get cut off because the other guy was in a lane that was too slow. I've been stuck behind people who purposely drive in the 30's just so they or thier little rugrats can stare at me through thier rearview. People hav ehonked and sworn at me because I didn't run through the yellow light, forcing them to stop. Everywhere I go I see cars with smashed head/tail lights or huge dents in the doors because they or someone else was driving like a moron. Let's not forget that about 90 percent of the drivers here drive at least 10 kilometers faster than the posted speed limit. People ignore school zones, and cut pedestrians off. All this I've seen since I took my bike out earlier in April. It's scary. Especially for someone whose not safely tucked away behind 2 tons of metal.

I feel really lucky that I came out of that with only a bruised ankle and a couple hours worth of work on my bike. It's a 1981 Yamaha XS400 if you're wondering. And I am glad that you guys do care.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

"Then she gave me a smoke. She was a nurse at the correctional center I was riding past..."

Gentlemen, I give you the Society In DeclineTM!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a friend who's working in the US at the moment on hybrid cars. He rides a bicycle to work. Apparently the local squirrels are freaked out by this and sit by the side of the road and watch him ride past...

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Da_bang80
Member # 528

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
"Then she gave me a smoke. She was a nurse at the correctional center I was riding past..."

Gentlemen, I give you the Society In DeclineTM!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

It was a women's correctional center. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps