Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 12)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
"Then she gave me a smoke. She was a nurse at the correctional center I was riding past..."

Gentlemen, I give you the Society In DeclineTM!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Or the start of a letter to Penthouse. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1981 Yamaha XS400
My buddy used to have one of those in the early 80's, the bank came and took it away because the guy who owned it before him had a lean on it.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're good bikes, especially for beginners. Got mine for $500 from my uncle. I could probably get close to $1200 because I keep it in good shape. But I won't be selling it anytime soon since I haven't decided what to get next.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweety, I'm glad you weren't hurt seriously, but PLEASE tell me you got her insurance and contact information Just In Case?

I work for an insurance company now, and I will be the first to say that there are a lot of dumasses on the road. And there are a lot of dishonest money-mongers who are out to make a profit out of the situational experience of a car accident. But there are ALSO a lot of people who are legitimately injured in accidents and don't even realize how bad it is until several days later.

In fact, when I was in my Bad Car Accident a few years ago, I felt fine until two days later. After that, it was almost 6 months before I could walk again. And over 5 years later, I have chronic daily migraines, all as a result of an accident where I initially thought I wasn't injured.

I'm not trying to scare you - I just want you to take care of yourself - if the little voice in your head tells you to get checked out PLEASE DO! Better safe than sorry - you had very little protection from internal and soft tissue injuries, being on a motorcycle. I'm just worried....

I hope you feel better *hugs* And I'm REALLY glad it wasn't worst... I've taken some horrific motorcycle claims in my time. I'm glad you didn't join the ranks of them....

~Liz

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww. I feel so loved. Thanx guys. I think I will go see a doctor tomarrow. The left side of my body is sore, feels like I strained everything from the shoulder to knee. I'm not going to sue or anything, she felt so bad about hitting me that even though she caused my physical pain, I caused her emotional. And I don't want to add financial pain to that. That's just rubbing salt in the wound.

Besides I don't need cash to fix my bike, an afternoon in the garage can take care of that. As for my soreness, well a little thing I like to call "THC" has already fixed that for me.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After causing it?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez- reading my first post on this and the LOA's, it's like reading the same ting in a Mirror universe.

Liz is great- no other Flarite coud get away with *hugs*! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being one of the few flarites with woman-boobs (as opposed to "man-boobs"!) has it's perks [Wink]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

True....I aint hugging anything with "man-boobs". [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
Being one of the few flarites with woman-boobs (as opposed to "man-boobs"!) has it's perks [Wink]

PROOF?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
True....I aint hugging anything with "man-boobs". [Wink]

Up here, we call them "Chesticles"

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm SO fucked.

So, longtime Flarites may recall from last season's episodes, my leg is fucked and last year I was injecting myself (in the stomach) with the anti-inflamatory drug Humria.

That was just not doing enough, so I've been going infusions of Remicade the past six months or so.....
Today I read this tasty bit o' news:
quote:
Rheumatoid arthritis patients taking Humira or Remicade face triple the risk of developing several kinds of cancer and double the risk of getting serious infections, a study led by the Mayo Clinic found.
I dont know weither to laugh or cry: I was taking BOTH for a while. [Roll Eyes]

I was hospitalized FOUR times last year for my leg becoming infected.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

holy shit! That's why I don't take pills unless I really really have too. If I can't pronounce it I'm not taking it.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is your leg so fucked? You got a House-thing going on?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does House have a limp anyway - I missed that episode.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps