Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 15)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't the characters on "Cowboy Bebop" occasionally end up... deceased?

I'm just saying.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but Spike was probably dead before the series started (depends on your POV).

Besides, it's either "just go with it" or "uselessly rail against the random unfairness of it all", and that gets old quick.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw the Neuro today - he doubled my dose of my epilepsy medication over the next two weeks - I don't have epilepsy, BTW.

As for pain, there's still nothing to do there. He said I can start doubling up on DHE and Percocet if I want to - DHE, BTW, is the same substance that was in Elvis's system when he died that all of the news reports called LSD. It shows up the same way. Elvis had migraines and died with migraine drugs in his system, and everyone thinks he was a druggy. Just a side note about the media in the country blowing everything out of proportion.

DHE, also, makes me very sick. As does the Percocet since I've been taking this new epilepsy drug. So I get to keep taking my anti-nausea medication. Joy.

I'm just pretty muhc bored with the entire process.

I got a new sleeping pill though - if this one doesn't work, I get to try Valium next, even though other benzodiazaprines have given me adrenal malfunction in the past. Yay, me!

Sorry. I'm just bitchy about it all - that's a side effect of the epilepsy drug, I guess. That's what my doctor says at least. So I'm going to go try and take a nap, then I'm going to clean the apartment for my boyfriend.

You kids get better, you hear? Lord knows the pharmaceutical companies in America are doing well enough without us..... [Razz]

~Liz

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, you're all ill!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Shikkie, I'm gonna slice off your skin, LOA's gonna hit your head with a frying pan, Peregrinus is gonna punch you in your stomach and you dont even want to know what Jay's going to do to you...

quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
Saw the Neuro today - he doubled my dose of my epilepsy medication over the next two weeks - I don't have epilepsy, BTW.
~Liz

I hear that- I'm on chemotherapy, but I dont have cancer.
Try explaining that one to the family.
God day for me so far: I got my Percocet 'scrip (now the name brand is covered and not just that weak-ass generic) and I might get back $1100 from Blue Cross in "out of pocket" wound care expenses.

I like money- it's my friend.

LOA, you need sleep-aids because of the pain? That's pretty awful- I've been sleeping too much from the painkillers, and doing nothing but work and sleep.
I find that taking a percocet with a glass of juice and watching an hour of TV makes me sleep like a log. Something in sugary drinks or foods accelerate the drug's effectivness greatly.

Strange as it may sound, controlled breathing, music and insense all allow me a much greater control over my pain (at home).
Nog Chompa insense is the shit for meditation and slowing your breathing.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would having an il legal smoke help????

My sister, in Alaska, has been getting some good state sponsored stuff, even had to get generic to cut it with. A car accident in 1990 pretty much crushed her lower half, so she knows the pain.

She also gets state sponsored flights from her tiny hamlet to several clinics in Alaska and Washington, or, more likely, All State Insurance sponsored.

All the perks of a corporate CEO, and all she had to do was nearly die, then live in pain the rest of her life.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in the fourth grade I had chronic bronchitis/asthma. I was sick for nearly five months, and every winter after that I'd get another bronchitis attack.

Has anyone ever expeienced what feels like millions of hot needles poking you all at once, then travelling up you're arm, down the side of your body to your leg?

Except for the last 3 years that I've been smokin the whacky tobacky I haven't had worse than a mild cold.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I dont smoke the "tobacky" for several reasons-

First, I dont want to take too much that my Doc does not know about, and even if he did know, there's no drug-interaction tests between all the other crap in my system and pot.
If I were to even drink, I could readily die, so....

SEcond, my Mom smokes (tobacco only) and has enphisema from it- Ive been anti-tobacco smoking forever, so it's be really hypicritical of me to suddenly be "pro-pot".
Though, I'm all for it's use in cases like Ritten's sister or people with chronic pain (no pun intended).

It's just not for me.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that it's not for everyone. Especially if you're on meds. I don't even take Tylenol if I've been smokin.

Second, People generally smoke much more tobacco than it's whacky counterpart. Smoking anything is bad for you're lungs. It depends on how much/many times you do it. Also people who smoke both generally smoke them together, which isn't good in the least.

For pain it's a lifesaver. It's useful with Chemo, since it stimulates the appetite.

Geez, I hope I don't get kicked off here for talking about pot. I don't mean to advocate it. But it has been used medicinally for many many years for a variety of illnesses. I like to think of it as a tried and true natural remedy.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Works for catching fishes too. Well, hemp that is. Gives them the munchies.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Ive been anti-tobacco smoking forever, so it's be really hypicritical of me to suddenly be "pro-pot".

I don't smoke - I'm the same - very-anti-tobacco/smoking.

I thought if I ever did try Marijuana maybe - cookie form? But I seriously have NO desire to try it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
~Liz

I hear that- I'm on chemotherapy, but I dont have cancer.
Try explaining that one to the family.

Amen... no one understands why I have headaches, yet I don't actually take a single headache medication - and I haven't in years. Blood pressure medications, calcium channel blockers, anti-epileptics, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, steriods, birth control, and pain killers, to name a fet - but no actual "headache medications". *shrug* They don't work, so they don't get prescribed. That's just how it is.

As for the sleep, that's a several layer deep problem - first, there are definately times when I cannot sleep because of the pain. That sucks. Then there are the nights that the ringing in my ears keeps me awake - the ringing is the worst when my migraines are the worst. Problem is, the less I sleep, the worse the migraines get. But as you can see, the worse the migraines get, the less I sleep. It's a vicious cycle.

Most of the time though, I can't sleep just because I can't sleep - I have insomnia. Not sure why, exactly. Part of it is genetic - Dad's side of the family - part of it is just the fact that 50% of migraine sufferers in my position just DON'T SLEEP.

They thing migraines and insomnia are triggerred by the same part of the brain - they're not positive, but pretty sure... so my part is all fucked up, obviously [Razz]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should take a page from Egon Spengler & drill a hole through your head.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time since I saw either Ghostbusters movie, but I don't remember that. Now, if you had said "Max Cohen"...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Most of the time though, I can't sleep just because I can't sleep - I have insomnia.
You should read the Stephen King novel Insomnia- it's pretty good and goes into the Insomnia problem at length....plus halucinations and the supernatural.

My problem sleeping is just that when it's painful it wakes me up with a sharp pain, then I gotta walk around for a while, take a pill, watch TV and go back to bed.
It's a three hour cycle.

Or, I'll be awake for 24-36 hours (because of pain) and then sleep from exhaustion for ten or twelve hours.
I've learned to cut my fingernails to the quick- I kept waking up and finding I'd dug my pnils into the pals of my hand and drawn blood.

Fortuantely, I've been doing much better in the past few months and am sleeping well (if a bit too much).

Hmmm...I bet there's a ton of online support for Insomiacs. Mabye there's a good trick or two you could use from them (as I'm sure you're over good-natured but useless home remidies).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps